spine question

Spike

I had to turn the poundage down on my bow from 60lbs to 50lbs because of my old age (86). my bow is a center shot and I'm using arrows spine for 60lbs and now the bow shoots to the right. should the spine be the problem? spike

If your right handed over spine is usually an increasing left arrow as you walk back, opposite for lefty. This year I had to drop down to 55# because of shoulder issues, with a Trophy Taker smackdown rest papertuned to centershot I can shoot 400 and 350 or even 2413's to the same verticle plane. Heavier arrows just drop faster. So getting a true rest tune should help for over spine.

If the bow was shooting to center with the same arrows try a heavier point.That should bring it back close or to center but a little lower than before.

thanks for your replies, I have trouble drawing the bow even with less poundage and I'm wondering if a compound with wheels would be easier to draw. thanks spike

Question is wheather it's easier for you to draw a recurve with gradual weight increase throughout the draw or a compound with rapid weight increase early in the draw followed by the letoff?

Originally Posted By: SpikeI had to turn the poundage down on my bow from 60lbs to 50lbs because of my old age (86). my bow is a center shot and I'm using arrows spine for 60lbs and now the bow shoots to the right. should the spine be the problem? spike

If you are right-handed arrows shooting right of center is a weak arrow indicator.

The whole idea of a compound on us older guys is the ease at which can hold them and refine our aim more so than with a stickbow.

Last edited:
Back