Contacting who to try and get hunting laws changed.

Originally Posted By: yoteblasterI have a few questions, how do you make sure there isn't a tractor, building or worse a person sitting down range 600-800 yards with a red or amber light ?

I agree! I cannot support this bill as written. If it only added infrared to be used in conjunction with NV, without legalizing red, green, and amber lights, I’d be in support. IMO the landscape of the majority of ND is not conducive to safely use red lights to hunt coyotes and fox.

Safety is a huge concern. This is selfish I admit, but all it is going to take is some type of livestock being shot or worse yet a person, and night hunting will be shutdown for everyone and that would be a really bad thing.

What I would be in support of is the current law being extended for thermal including hunting all year with the exception of during the deer gun season.

Originally Posted By: KirschSafety is a huge concern. This is selfish I admit, but all it is going to take is some type of livestock being shot or worse yet a person, and night hunting will be shutdown for everyone and that would be a really bad thing.

What I would be in support of is the current law being extended for thermal including hunting all year with the exception of during the deer gun season.

That’s my fear as well. I have submitted my opinions to the Senate committee who will be hearing this bill this week.

Concur with all comments above, I would love to be able to hunt at night earlier in the year. They can close it a week prior to deer season an open it back up. It won't take long for a house, truck, tractor or something to get shot if they go down the light road.

Back