Want new foxpro...

rustybucket

..but I can't make my mind up. I have an icotec gc350 and the remote eats the expensive 21/23 battery like candy. I have to push the buttons and hold them down for about 2 seconds to make it work. Its always been like that. The range is wonderful and the sound it produces is good but I'm looking for something newer with a remote that has a lit screen and more sounds. I have the hammerjack and fusion on my list. I read about everyone wanting the tx1000 remote but on the comparison list it says the tx1000 remote has a shorter range than the tx915. I like the 5 year warranty on the fusion vs. the 3 year on the hammerjack. Do any of you really use all the extra features foxpro offers that come on the fusion? I use diaphragms and hand calls most but I would like to keep the attention off of me when I take one or 2 extra people with me. To tell yall the truth I've called way more yotes by hand than by ecall. The icotec just hasn't been that great. I'm sure it's probably me. My hunting buddy has a primos alpha dogg that we use alot and between that and me mixing in hand calling we do pretty darn good. I would like to have a different sound library of calls than his so maybe we could produce more longer so its not the same sounds over and over. I plan on using it for bobcats this February as well.

My suggestion is the Fusion with the TX1000 remote. As far as the TX1000 having a shorter range, does that really make a difference? I never set the call more than 35-40 yards from me.
Will you use all of the features that the Fusion offers? Probably not, but you probably won't be wanting to upgrade next year either.

Yeah 100 yard remote might as well be 1 mile. Far as I ever place it is 20 to 40 yards. I've never used it at 50 or more. Whatever ecall I get isn't going to be replaced for a very long time. What other models or brands do you recommend?

I have a Fusion with the TX1000 remote. I rarely place my caller more than 30 yards away. Why would I want to spread my scent 100 yards away?

I'm surprised on the Icotec battery issues and remote delays. I had a g 500 and now I have a GC500 Gen 2. The batteries last forever! If this caller had it's calls in categories I would consider it close to perfect. For $190 I can't complain. I had many Foxpro calls and never seemed to use all it's features but im sure many do.

Weird, my icotec gc350 remote and caller batteries last forever, I would say my remote battery last about a good 20+ stands at 30-45mins a stand. What the chance of the buttons accidentally getting pressed when stored or carried to the stand?

I have had very good luck with their customer service, I would contact them about the issues. There is a very good chance they may just send you a new remote.

Nope. Never use them. That’s why my favorite FP was my CS24. I really wonder if guys spend 20-30 minutes on a stand if they really have time to fool with all those features, not to mention I’d rather be watching for coyotes than looking at my remote.

I just picked up the Banshee with the tx915, haven't even had it in the field. I kinda wish I had the tx1000 purely for the 5 assignable sound buttons. 3 is adequate but after thinking on it more 5 seems a lot better.

I’m in the market aswell. Called foxpro seems they have a whole new line up coming out in August. New Shockwave, new cs-24x I believe and some other stuff. I would wait to see what’s new or wait for older models to go on sale

Yes, I just pre-ordered a new LD Roughneck from the Verminator - free S&H and a whole boat load of extra sounds thrown in at no extra charge as well. I have a FoxPro Inferno currently, and to FoxPro's credit they are making a good effort now at trying to repair my remote which had button fade terribly. But this caller was in its fourth season, and well... looking at the reviews for the Lucky Duck Revolt, I'm hoping this new Roughneck is just a more compact version of an already great caller with new larger LCD and backlit keys now too! I definitely won't mind the extra distance for the remote and the canned hunt sequences, I'm hoping anyway, should let me benefit from a pro's experience - spend more time looking for yotes coming in, and less time playing with buttons/menus. We shall see... need something that works - now, for this season still. The Inferno caller & sounds have been fine, I called in 2 coyotes my first night out this year, and we got on a nice red fox the second evening. But the Inferno's remote has been a real disappointment for too long now, and while I hope for the best - I will probably be moving this one to backup status now, behind the Roughneck.

I have the Prairie Blaster. Very loud clear but heavy. Just bought the shockwave because of all the great reviews it has received. Their customer service is fantastic!

Back