You're only as good.....

I figure it's not for me to judge anyone else's gear, if they wanna spend let em spend. If they wanna scrimp that's cool too. I only ask that if you hunt with me you have an accurate rifle and know how to use it. That's challenge enough for most. Nothing worse than calling in coyotes for someone who misses time after time.

Thanks Tripod

In it's day it was a top of the line scope. I've been playing with it in a fixed mount but have gone to a Leupold windage adjustable mount, it shoots pretty well. The only problem is the fat reticle is on the wrong end of the power.

That's an old Weaver, isn't it, AWS?

Looks like an old Weaver V8 (FFP) I picked up at a gun show years ago and put on a 10-22.

31778706637_5e106afb08_c.jpg

It came with externally adjustable rings. How do you handle elevation corrections?

32845152538_ccd974993d_c.jpg

Fun rifle to shoot, but I'd prefer a standard cross hair or ballistic plex, however.

46667365662_b534e66bf6_c.jpg

Regards,
hm

Balvar 8 it is very close on the elevation and I make fine adjustments with shims(greased paper). this one has tapered crosshairs actually a pretty nice scope today, Would love to find a Leupold Adjusto Mount for a Rem 722/700

Originally Posted By: OKRattler

I wouldn't either. If he knew how to use it. I guess my way of thinking is if you have the capability and the means to make accurate long range shots why not utilize that and make it a part of how you hunt? It you don't and you're just using it like you would any other scope it seems like a waste. I'm glad for anyone that's buying the best. But if you're not getting the best out of it to make you better I don't really see the point.

I understand that also. I'm not a better shooter than anyone else, but I'd bet I put a few more rounds down range than most, and I don't always dial with my turret. For example, I use hold over with the H59, that's on my 260 REM just as much as I use the turret for come ups. It's just an added benefit to each situation. Some times I'll dial 1.6 @ 400 sometimes I'll hold over 1.6, same at 1200 yards, I might dial 11 mils, or hold 11 mils, regardless, rarely do I dial windage. I'll take your word for it, your buddy may not know how to to use it. I don't just use hold vs dial, or dial vs. hold methods because I don't know how to do one or the other, it's all situational, if a coyotes held up at 400 barking and sitting or even bedded and you "know" he's not moving anytime soon, I'll dial, use the center of the reticle and hold for wind if need be, Now if he's a 400 and you make a quick range and he's looking skiddish, I might just hold 4.5 or 6 Minutes with my 22-250 and MDMOA ret, depending on rifle and load I'm shooting and let her rip.

Back