Wildlife Technologies

Anyone out there have the MA Max ? Or any other model. It looks like the MA Max is all they sell now ? What are your opinions of this caller and their sound list. How do add new sounds ? Can you mount it to a tripod ?
Thanks

I have a wildlife tech caller with 26 sounds on it. My caller is 10+ years old [beeep]. the remote was hooked up to a walkie talkie, it has a horn type speaker, and the electronics were in a little plastic box. It takes batteries to run the external speaker horn, batteries to run the black box, and batteries to run the walkie talkie and remote. The sounds are awesome [beeep] but was told I could only upgrade the sounds from the company and no other sounds were supported. Last year it stopped working so I took it apart to fix it-and did fix it. I found the sounds were recorded wav files on a sd card.
don't know if that helps ya or not. I did not try and add new sounds to it but probably could of in the wav format.

I have one like KEC and the KAS-2030(?). They were my go to callers when I started. Now I use them as backups. My 2030 has 60 sounds on it and the other radio/bag one has around 26. They are simple and effective. I think their sounds are top notch.

Wildlife Tech sounds are GREAT but the remote leaves a lot to be desired for a $600 unit. You can't add sounds like you can with other brands.

Should be a little chip in back of caller. Give him serial number & a new chip will be sent with new sounds is
The way it was done for me.

I used a WT KAS 2030MS as my GoTo caller for years. Loved it! Got away from the WTs for awhile and had good luck with a variety of FPs and then LDs. I recently ordered up a WT MAX with a 130 or so custom sounds. I ordered it primarily for special situation calling.

I like the MAX. I feel it is MAX in many ways:

-Max Size
-Max Weight
-Max Volume
-Max Clarity
-Max Price
-Max Learning Curve

I really do like it. But still use my LDs and FP alot. I feel that for most folks it would be hard to beat a Lucky Duck Revolt.

I have used a WT KAS 2030 for years. The sounds are real animal sounds recorded, not someone blowing hand calls. It has proven to be very durable and it works as good now as when it was new. I've owned a Foxpro and it just didn't produce for me. I also still have a (discontinued) LOUDMOUTH e-caller that is also excellent (calls foxes and coyotes). If I was a beginner I'd save up to buy the best first and once only...Wildlife Technologies. Good luck.

I have a MA21with 60 calls on it. They mail you a new chip when you purchase new ones. Must order like 5 new sounds per upgrade i believe. I like my MA 21 and I want a 2nd one to run 2 calls at once. I have had Foxpros, they are good and MUCH cheaper but I like the MA 21 as the batteries last all day long.

I mainly only mess with crows now (limited time)so I might get a cheaper foxpro with crows sounds to run dual units. The Wildlife tech owner can be a little difficult sometimes but the product is great.

Back