Male Gray tonight

1trkyhntr

I killed this nice male tonight. He came in at about 4 minutes to Eastern Cottontail but spooked when he hit my scent trail. I switched to vole squeaks and he came back but spooked off again. I switched to Platinum Gray and he came charging in. He actually hit the call. I had to wait for him to get off of it to shoot. The 55gr Hornady Spire Points are doing a good job and not blowing up the foxes. This one is very nice.
CsHivat.jpg

Nice pelt on that one, all intact the way it looks. Glad to hear of a 55 grainer that isn't to bad on them.

That Platinum Gray sound is a deal closer. Good hunt, thanks for sharing the details on the sounds you used.

Good fox. I have been using the same bullets for a couple years. Only issue I have with them is a coyote will run a ways if you don't hit him right. I've seen them run 50 to 60 yards carrying 2 slugs and hit in what appeared to be a vital area. I've also seen them hit the ground and not even twitch with the 55gr spire point.... Tough animals. If fur is the issue, the Spire Point is hard to beat I guess.

Back