Quality 30mm scope mount

seasley

As title says, have always ran larue one piece mounts, but times have changed since I have last purchased, so what is a good quality mount for a AR, scope is S&B 30mm tube

Currently I run Larue and American Defense (ADM) without issue. I have an older Burris PEPR that is too heavy and clumsy compared to the Larue and ADM.

While I don’t have any first hand experience, and I f budget were no restraint, I would look to ZRODelta or Spuhr for a top of the line mount. Their reputations are solid among the long range and PRS communities. The Aero Precision mount also gets good reviews from those who have used them and is more budget friendly.

My budget is around $200 and once I get the scope mounted, it wont be removed

I'm open to a one piece mount ot two piece rings, but I want good quality

My Burris 30mm pepr qd came with two sets of tops, the standard ring tops are lighter than the rail tops. I like the qd had a thumb nut(regular high weaver rings) style ring loosen up once on an AR,cost me a coyote. I don't see anyway for the Burris QD to loosen. Before the Burris I put a Weaver cantilever 1" on my other one to replace the standard rings. I put some nail polish on the thumb nut threads.

Unless you plan on jumping out of airplanes storming compounds with GI Joe, Aero Precision will get the job done for less $$ and less weight and less bulk.

Back