Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#3184024 - 01/09/19 06:29 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: Flesh Eater]
TxPigKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: Throckmorton County, TX
Originally Posted By: Flesh Eater
I know those trucks boast big numbers, but growing up with my dad running Ford turbo diesels, I can say this much: if your turbo goes, you're either going to pay through the nose to have it fixed right, or do it yourself and have issues for the rest of the truck. Not only that, but once the turbo goes, you've got a turd motor in a full size truck.

I hate Ford. I'm a Chevy guy, but can honestly say I'd never buy any newer vehicle. BUT, if you must buy new, buy a V8 that's been around and known for its dependability. Chevy's LS motors have good reps, but if you're a Ford guy, I'd buy their longest running V8 they offer.

I have a 97 turbo dsl, 250,000 miles, runs fine. Lil Lady has a Eco Boost, 185,000 miles minor/usual wear and tear repairs nothing major.
And we don't have to drive a "Bail out truck from GM" and Ford didn't lay off thousands of workers at Christmas time to "Go Green."

After 8 years in the infantry, fighting for your right to burn the flag, I have only one thing for you before you light it up. Wrap yourself in it first!!!

#3184026 - 01/09/19 07:40 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: TxPigKiller]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

Loc: 2D Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: TxPigKiller
I know those trucks boast big numbers, but growing up with my dad running Ford turbo diesels, I can say this much: if your turbo goes, you're either going to pay through the nose to have it fixed right, or do it yourself and have issues for the rest of the truck. Not only that, but once the turbo goes, you've got a turd motor in a full size truck.

I hate Ford. I'm a Chevy guy, but can honestly say I'd never buy any newer vehicle. BUT, if you must buy new, buy a V8 that's been around and known for its dependability. Chevy's LS motors have good reps, but if you're a Ford guy, I'd buy their longest running V8 they offer.

I have a 97 turbo dsl, 250,000 miles, runs fine. Lil Lady has a Eco Boost, 185,000 miles minor/usual wear and tear repairs nothing major.
And we don't have to drive a "Bail out truck from GM" and Ford didn't lay off thousands of workers at Christmas time to "Go Green."

I love how every Ford-Fan-Boy uses that as an argument against GM. They paid back their bailout the next year, if I'm not mistaken, and I'll take reliability over any political BS, since it's my hard earned money making the payments. Every Ford guy seems to forget the Triton issues. Neglects the rust issues. Not to mention the donation to gay pride BS a few years ago.

If you really want to talk American, then you should probably be buying Toyota, since they're more American than the big 3 are anymore.

#3184046 - 01/09/19 09:52 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
BleedsBlue Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: S.E. Indiana
was not repaid, only a portion of the interest was paid.

https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/did-general-motors-really-repay-its-taxpayer-bailout

#3184049 - 01/09/19 10:05 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
BleedsBlue Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: S.E. Indiana
the MSRP on a 2.7 ecoboost turbo is $690. more than likely your dealer would give a discount.
also the turbos are simple to service, they have a 3 bolt flange that bolts directly to the head and the manifold is part of the head casting. each one can be replaced in about an hour if needed.
they have a very low failure rate because the turbos have a coolant passage that the engine coolant flow thru to keep the bearings cool. the most likely cause of a turbo failure is a foreign object that got past the air filter.

the older diesels had a very low failure rate unless the owner modified the truck creating excessive drive pressures.

true: Toyota is the most american truck currently

#3184084 - 01/09/19 01:04 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: Flesh Eater]
SlickerThanSnot Offline
Die Hard Member with a vengeance

Loc: stuck in a fence
They paid back their bailout the next year, if I'm not mistaken,

sorry, you are mistaken.

#3184517 - 01/11/19 09:38 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
TxPigKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

Well, they didn't pay back the TAXPAYER'S MONEY, then they DID lay off thousands of workers. So, GM uninformed boy put that in your pipe and smoke it!

After 8 years in the infantry, fighting for your right to burn the flag, I have only one thing for you before you light it up. Wrap yourself in it first!!!

#3184913 - 01/12/19 08:25 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
NdIndy Offline
PM senior

Loc: Viera FL
The taxpayers lost close to 11b.

#3185636 - 01/15/19 11:38 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

I'll still drive a GM over a Ford. I don't buy new anyways, so my money doesn't go to GM, but to local used car dealerships or private owners. So, put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Everyone that drives a Ford in western PA is stuck with a rusted out POS after three years. Ain't worth the money.

#3185640 - 01/15/19 11:48 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKMQjm7i2Jw

Guess all you Ford guys missed this?

#3185676 - 01/15/19 01:39 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
BOBTAILS Offline
PM senior

Loc: behind the crosshairs
But in the real world chevy sucks lol tt2

Wolves don't lose sleep, over the opinion's of sheep.

Carver Predator calls Prostaffer, Made in the USA!!
www.carverpredatorcalls.com

#3185714 - 01/15/19 03:40 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: BOBTAILS]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

Originally Posted By: BOBTAILS
But in the real world chevy sucks lol tt2

That is the real world for Chevy owners since we actually use our trucks, because we know they wonít break. smile

In all seriousness if I was FORCED to buy a BRAND NEW TRUCK it would be a Tundra, and if I didnít need to tow or a haul a Frontier or Tacoma.

#3185810 - 01/15/19 09:19 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
TxPigKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

I'm sure the "Ranch Country" of WESTERN PA, is awful hard on trucks. Soon as you move to a place your grocery store is 70 miles away or your kids ride a bus for 5 hours a day to go to school let me know. We drive what works, that has been a Ford.
I simply offered up the facts in my experiences with trucks, sorry you feel like you were anally violated. How many 22 year old trucks you have in the driveway with over a quarter of a million miles on them? Lets compare real life here. Mine is driven most everyday, oil changed every 8,000 miles, driven like I plan on keeping it. It ain't a show piece, looks good with an elk or a wild pig on the tailgate. It'll snatch up a 4 horse slant load "Hoss Trailer" and pack it down the road fast enough to get a ticket on NASCAR track, and is in need of a paint job.
I'll get up in the morning at 515 and go twist the key and the old girl will come to life. That is the truth, I don't need a trolled up youtube vid to show me anything, my "Ol Ford" will show me in the morning on the way to work, like it has done for over 2 decades.
Go sell stupid someplace else,

#3185888 - 01/16/19 07:49 AM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: TxPigKiller]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

I'm sure the "Ranch Country" of WESTERN PA, is awful hard on trucks. Soon as you move to a place your grocery store is 70 miles away or your kids ride a bus for 5 hours a day to go to school let me know. We drive what works, that has been a Ford.
I simply offered up the facts in my experiences with trucks, sorry you feel like you were anally violated. How many 22 year old trucks you have in the driveway with over a quarter of a million miles on them? Lets compare real life here. Mine is driven most everyday, oil changed every 8,000 miles, driven like I plan on keeping it. It ain't a show piece, looks good with an elk or a wild pig on the tailgate. It'll snatch up a 4 horse slant load "Hoss Trailer" and pack it down the road fast enough to get a ticket on NASCAR track, and is in need of a paint job.
I'll get up in the morning at 515 and go twist the key and the old girl will come to life. That is the truth, I don't need a trolled up youtube vid to show me anything, my "Ol Ford" will show me in the morning on the way to work, like it has done for over 2 decades.
Go sell stupid someplace else,

Butt hurt much? You toss insults around like a typical tiny-dick-Ford-owner.

I don't know if you've ever been here, but we don't need "ranches" to work trucks. We haul plenty of firewood to make up for the flat driving you do in Texas. Not to mention the majority of our roads are absolute garbage and we have enough salt on the roads in the winter to maintain the level in the Pacific Ocean.

You're comparing a 22 year old Ford to a new Ford. I think you need to realign your thought process on this thread. If you're driving an old 7.3l diesel it's not even the same truck as the garbage they're selling today. Let me see you put a million miles on a new Eco-boost without a motor or tranny swap.

Also, 250,000-300,000 miles are typical for most 5.3l motors. Ever look at the used Chevys? Probably not...to busy drooling over Fords.

Also, since you probably have no idea, I've seen plenty of western trucks come to Pennsylvania, only to last a couple years before parts of them are falling off while going down the road. So again, if you really want to put a vehicle to the test, move to the salt belt. You people out west have not a freaking clue what it's like to live here throughout countless winters. I've been in this area for 34 years, and I can tell you this much, Ford are the biggest piles of garbage on the road up here. They rust out quicker than a Toyota, because they thought it was a great idea to shove a sponge in the fender wells. Heck, we got 90's Jeeps that don't even look as bad as 5 year old Fords.

Just so you know, I love 7.3l Fords. There isn't a vehicle out there that can outlast a 7.3l...but that's an International design, not Ford. Finding any 7.3l truck here that doesn't look like Fred Flintstone's automobile is impossible.

I also like the early 90's Fords. They built some dang good trucks in the 80's and very early 90's. However, as soon as they redesigned the body and introduced the Triton motor, their trucks turned to garbage. At 80,000 miles guys are changing out clutch packs, doing major motor work because it decided to throw a spark plug from the block, repairing rusted out doors and fenders, etc. Heck, a buddy of mine who is a diehard Ford guy even blew his transfer case apart hauling a Mustang fox body on a trailer from Harrisburg to western PA! It was an FX4...

I'm not privy to Chevy, but I love busting other people's balls, because they're so whiny over their brands. I already said I'd never buy a new Chevy. So, you should know I'm not a GM guy, really. When talking about 22 year old, or older, vehicles I like plenty of brands.

At the end of the day though, Dodge and Ford still suck worse than anything built today. smile

Edited by Flesh Eater (01/16/19 08:13 AM)

#3186358 - 01/17/19 08:01 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: pyscodog]
TxPigKiller Offline
Die Hard Member

OK, you win. Big dam deal. You still drive a truck made by taxpayers, and you answered none of those questions, so all you need is a demorat voter's card and you're good.
Enjoy, trolling another post

#3186375 - 01/17/19 08:51 PM Re: Ford Eco-Boost?? [Re: TxPigKiller]
Flesh Eater Offline
Die Hard Member

OK, you win. Big dam deal. You still drive a truck made by taxpayers, and you answered none of those questions, so all you need is a demorat voter's card and you're good.
Enjoy, trolling another post

Answered what questions? Your 22 year old car question? Unless itís sitting in a garage every winter there arenít any 22 year old cars here.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Redfrog 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.