East wind single.

Yotarunner

Custom Call Maker
Today was a funny day for weather. Throughout the day we had wind at all 4 points of the compass and random mini snowstorms.
Coyote hunting was not on my mind until later in the day when I realized we had settled on a slow east wind. I'm pretty sure you could have dubbed a loony toons running track to my movements I was out of there so fast!
I have been waiting all year for an east wind to hunt this one particular spot that was discovered during the summer.
This area is where all the dogs from the nearby ranch deadpit go and the only spot that is call-able.
I settled into my stand with great views all around except for a small ledge in front of me. The "theory" was that any dogs approaching would be seen before reaching that ledge. My view to the left toward the bush.
Jzlk345.jpg

And my view to the right into the long coulee and natural travel corridor.
dznuMvA.jpg

Within a minute I looked to my left and saw a coyote traveling away from me down the road.
Sure enough a coyote had traveled right in front of me under that ledge that wasn't supposed to be an issue.
After a long staredown she finally turned and gave me a shot.
XmWS9RW.jpg

85 yard shot had #27 for the year down

It's interesting, if there is an imperfection with the stand (no matter how small), the coyote will likely find it
smile.gif

Good job getting another nice looking coyote
thumbup1.gif

Back