Christensen Arms

Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#3170195 - 11/04/18 09:42 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Loc: okla
I think they are going for ergonomics more than looks. the GRS is about the same looking as the one on the CZ only composite. There are others, names slipped me, that are really pricey. They are more for competition shooters like PRS than carrying around in the woods chasing coyotes.

Stay away from negative people, they have a problem for every solution.

#3170204 - 11/04/18 10:38 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
steve garrett Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: tx
I have had 2 527’s. A varmint and a carbine. Both were the m,ost accurate factory rifles I have ever seen the varmint when I first got it was an honest to goodness .5” for 5 shots rifle. Then for some reason accuracy went away and nothing I could figure out got it back or close to that level. The carbine was 5/8” for 5 shot groups. In the end I got sick of the single stack magazine which makes the gun clunky feeling also the backward safety sucks. The hs precision stock for the varmint was ordered with too short of an LOP by CZ all of them were that way.

#3170218 - 11/05/18 07:16 AM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma
I have one of the early varmints, and I prefer the short LOP, and the safety is a complete non issue. The magazines I dont mind a bit, and wish they made a 10rd version.

As for the accuracy...I kind of agree. Mine has never blown my socks off, but is been plenty good enough to kill stuff over the years.

Overall, they are neat guns, bit for me they really don't do anything that I wouldn't rather have a 700 of some iteration for.

#3170266 - 11/05/18 12:53 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

I agree with lillysdad, the safety is no big issue, either on or off. I also agree the accuracy is good but never just blew me away accurate and I really didn't care that much for the set trigger. Seems in the set position I am reaching for it. Don't get me wrong, they are nice guns but I never seem to have one that doesn't eventually gets sold. But thats kinda what I do, buy one, shoot it a while and sell it.

#3170283 - 11/05/18 02:30 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
liliysdad Offline
Die Hard Member II

Loc: Oklahoma
The one I have was my father's, so its not going anywhere. My 9yr old is starting to show a little interest in calling, and it will make a dandy for him.

If it were just another gun, it would have gone down the road, likely replaced by another 700 of some sort.

#3182415 - 01/02/19 03:34 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
willy1947 Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Ohio, Ohio

I got message from a CZ guy, looks like after the shot show.
I have not found out if you have to order them there or what.
I will have friend ask at the show.

#3183084 - 01/05/19 11:53 AM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
Scrumbag Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: UK
I like my CZ 527 American and I don't think I will swap it for the MTR

#3183085 - 01/05/19 12:02 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: DannoBoone]
Scrumbag Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By: DannoBoone
Originally Posted By: willy1947
That's nice, I have been looking at the "Lux" for my next buy.

The Lux stock is ok if you plan on using the open sights, but
left me with a bad cheek weld using a scope. Never could get a
warm & fuzzy feeling with it and finally replaced it with a
Boyd's on my 455.

I'm apparently the odd-ball here....already have a warm & fuzzy
feeling for the stock on the MTR. scared

I had a "hogs back" stock on my Brno Model 2 as well. Couldn't get a decent cheek weld with a scope so got a rimfire hunter (I think) and now much happier. Still have the original stock which is lovely but I like a scope

#3183089 - 01/05/19 12:12 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
Winny Fan Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Central Texas
Originally Posted By: pyscodog
Kinda hard to pass judgement on them until you can actually hold one in your hands but I will admit from the pictures the grip is a little over kill. I like the wider fore-end but not to sure about that grip yet. As far as carrying it, hard to say. It may or may not be that great.

Hey. psycho...........

I held one yesterday and you can have it.... egonomic and all. laugh And yes, it is before the SHOT show, but I know where one is for evaluation purposes.

It was not designed for easy carrying in the field. Its a real clunker. YMMV.

Some people think that they are quoting Einstein when in fact they are saying something that would make even Einstein say, "HUH?".

Ain't that right, Bill?

#3183092 - 01/05/19 12:33 PM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: Winny Fan]
pyscodog Online
PM Junkie

Originally Posted By: Winny Fan
Originally Posted By: pyscodog
Kinda hard to pass judgement on them until you can actually hold one in your hands but I will admit from the pictures the grip is a little over kill. I like the wider fore-end but not to sure about that grip yet. As far as carrying it, hard to say. It may or may not be that great.

Hey. psycho...........

I held one yesterday and you can have it.... egonomic and all. laugh And yes, it is before the SHOT show, but I know where one is for evaluation purposes.

It was not designed for easy carrying in the field. Its a real clunker. YMMV.

I haven't held one or even seen one other than pictures. It doesn't look like it would be a carry friendly rifle though. Maybe more designed for the PRS crowd. IDK??? Doubt I will ever own one.

#3184236 - 01/10/19 12:06 AM Re: CZ 527 MTR [Re: pyscodog]
Treerat-sniper Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: Iowa
I so wish that CZ would build the 527 carbine in S/S-syn. I would love one in .22 Hornet, it would be a great walk around beater gun for varmints & coon hunting.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.