Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3184133 - 01/09/19 05:02 PM Re: preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why [Re: Heymartay]
jmeddy Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: SW PA
Another "swagger" fan. My tall ones work from sitting on the ground in a Les Johnson seat to sitting in a 3 legged chair. Also adapts VERY WELL to my hilly topography in the above mentioned seats. I tried sticks,bipods, & trigger sticks but find these the best.

Edited by jmeddy (01/09/19 05:03 PM)

#3184140 - 01/09/19 05:35 PM Re: preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why [Re: jmeddy]
cmatera Online
Die Hard Member II

Loc: CO
Good to hear. I have a tall Swagger, but have not taken it out of the box yet. I know other guys who talked them up, but later sold them, so I was wondering if they were any good.

#3184970 - 01/12/19 11:59 PM Re: preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why [Re: rfurman24]
Californiadoggers Offline
Predator Master

Loc: California
Swagger got me a pair on my 243

#3188180 - 01/24/19 11:51 PM Re: preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why [Re: rfurman24]
DesertRam Online

Loc: Las Cruces, NM USA
Well, I managed to destroy my two-legged Primos Trigger Sticks using them to prop up my son's oryx for pictures. Bummer. frown But, with that loss came opportunity. smile I recently acquired the new Gen III tripod and must say I'm pretty pleased so far. It's not quite as handy or quick as the bipod, but it's very stable and adjustable. I used it for two full days of calling last weekend and don't have a real complaint yet. Hopefully I'll get out for a couple more days before the season is over for me. By then I should have a pretty good feel for it.

#3188742 - 01/27/19 03:23 PM Re: preferred bipod or shooting stick setup and why [Re: rfurman24]
mcseal2 Offline
Seasoned Member

Loc: KS
I like the Primos Rapid Pivot bipod. Some I have are the old Stoney Point models. I like how quick it pops on and off the rifle. I can pop it off to shoot free hand on runners quickly with one hand. That comes in handy at times when I call multiple coyotes. It adjusts to different terrain well too.

Big game and a few calling scenarios I like my Promaster 525 optics tripod with the Outdoorsmans pan head and shooting rest. With that set-up from a sitting position I've taken a whitetail buck at 380 yards. I also took a moose kneeling behind it at 300 yards. It's a bit slower to set up and move to target than the 2 legged bipod but it is very steady. Big game hunting I'm already packing the tripod for glassing anyway so all I'm adding is the shooting rest to my load.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  DesertRam, Matt1953 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.