Remage Bughole Barrel

Started life out as a Remmy 22-250 BDL Heavy Varmint that had the barel shot out. I then painted the stock and installed this SS Remage barrel. Its now a 22-250 AI with spray paint job.

Last edited:
Did you true the action and Lapp the lugs or just new barrel? What kind of trigger and stock?

Last edited:
Stock looks great! I have been thinking of remage-ing one of my 700’s. How hard was it to get the factory barrel off? What type of vise or wrench did you use?

Very nice, 22-250AI is one of my favorites I have one with a 8 twist the 75Amax is devastating on groundhogs, what twist is yours ?
I have a bugnut barrel coming also, did you get the same contour as your original barrel, and did you have to inlet the stock for the bugnut ?

Rich44, 1-8 Twist will be using 75 ELD-Ms. Its supposed to be the same contour as the original. But, mine came a little larger then stock diameter. So, Yes....Had to inlet the stock full length some but not too much I didnt think...I used the Camo paint and done it myself. I'm thinking on a Coyote Tan or Dark Earth Ceracote for the barreled action!!! Stock stigger and stock. Im wanting to replace the stock and trigger for a Jewel sometime in the near future.

Last edited:
Theshedhunter, This barrel was shot out and wasnt any worries if I scrathed it. So, I just clamped it in the vice and used my home made action. wrench. No down pressure I just snapped it down and unscrewed it. Sometimes you'll fight these all day long by pulling on the wrench as to judt a quick jerk on the wrench theyll come loose. Most times anyway...

Last edited:
Love that paint job on the stock!
thumbup.gif

I am thinking about going to a barrel nut system on a Model 7 I have. Is this a possibility or is the 700 different somehow?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zr600Did you true the action and Lapp the lugs or just new barrel? What kind of trigger and stock?

My understanding is that if you recut the threads as part of the truing process then the remage barrels don’t fit? I’m no expert but just a note of what i’ve heard. Anyone else have info on this?

TxEnv, correct on recutting the threads the Remage barrels wont work. Youd ha e to have the smith cut the barrel threads to fit the action threads.

Originally Posted By: Remage250AITxEnv, correct on recutting the threads the Remage barrels wont work. Youd ha e to have the smith cut the barrel threads to fit the action threads.

Thanks for the confirmation. I have some parts laying around I might have try a remage myself.

Back