Thin pocket knife?

OKRattler

I've had my eye on the CRKT S.P.E.W or Kershaw Hotwire. I just don't know much about them. My normal every day carry knife is too bulky and big and I carry several things in my pockets so I'd like a knife a little on the thinner side. Does anyone have any info on either one of these knives? I realize one is a folder and one is a fixed blade but I think even if I had to carry the fixed blade in the sheath in my pocket it's small enough it wouldn't be very noticeable.

I'm a fan of Kershaw knives. My brother had the Kershaw Leek and it is a pretty sweet knife. I don't have any experience with Boker knives but I've heard good things. I'm thinking I'll give the Hotwire and CRKT both a try. I don't need two new knives but I don't need a lot of things I have so it won't hurt nothin I don't guess. The Kershaw Hotwire is actually pretty reasonable priced. You can get them for under $10. Not too bad for a Kershaw. As far as I know they're pretty good knives.

I do like Benchmade knives a lot. I don't own one though so I'm gonna do some research.

Last edited:
Spyderco Delica 4... Can't be beat for build quality and blade steel unless you spend a whole bunch more money. Thin, lightweight, tough, has a clip and is fast one hand opening. Plus it's a cutting machine!

I bought the Kershaw Hotwire the other day. Really good knife for the money as far as I can tell. Got it for a little over $10. I keep it in my change pocket so it doesn't take up much room. Thin and light weight enough I really don't even notice it's there.

Originally Posted By: GCSpyderco Delica 4... Can't be beat for build quality and blade steel unless you spend a whole bunch more money. Thin, lightweight, tough, has a clip and is fast one hand opening. Plus it's a cutting machine!

^^^This. After trying a lot of options for EDC I landed on one of these and have never looked back. If you watch eBay you can find some auction deals...

Originally Posted By: GCSpyderco Delica 4... Can't be beat for build quality and blade steel unless you spend a whole bunch more money. Thin, lightweight, tough, has a clip and is fast one hand opening. Plus it's a cutting machine!

The Spyderco serrated edge is the sharpest edge I’ve ever seen on any knife.

Originally Posted By: pahntr760Originally Posted By: fw707Benchmade 530 Pardue Axis.

This or their Bugout!

Second the Bugout (535)

Mike

Realize I'm late to the party, but i love the Spyderco Tenacious. 8CR steel that sharpens fast on my diamond stones, small and compact, and under 50 dollars.

Back