First miss of the year.

midwestkid

Well no coyotes were hurt in this video. Made a couple sets on a farm I have killed two on already this night season. They were very vocal on the first set but no takers. I move across the road to a decent size hay field. Make a couple howls on the revolt and this coyote pops out next to a barn. Turn on some rabbit and here it comes. It got down wind and wasn't coming any closer so I took a shot.
[video:youtube][/video]

Originally Posted By: Pa. MickWow if that wasn’t a hit that guy was pretty lucky !

X2, It just wasn't his day to die.

I'm not sure it was a miss. There appeared to be a heat trail at the end of the video as the coyote is approaching the deer. What was the range at the shot? What type shooting sticks are you using? You didn't appear to be very steady for what appears to be a pretty long poke. I slowed the video down as much as possible and it looks like you should have hit the coyote.

I never noticed that heat trail until you said something. I'm not exactly sure on the distance. If I had to guess around 250yards. I am using a Desmond carbon tripod with a small Desmond ballhead. I went back to that same spot a few weeks later and called in another coyote that I killed with a photon rt. I'll try to post video here shortly.

Back