Saw 4 this morning

lockrotor

MY buddy and I went out again this morning to see what we could find any coyotes. We set up on a soybean field on the west end. Started out with some hand calls to see if anyone thought I was good enough to eat, about 20 minutes later we see 4 going north with the wind about 450 yds to the east us. They angle little toward us but disappear into the swamp. I turn the caller onto pup distress for couple minutes and back off again. I'm sitting thinking thats no good. THEN we hear noise behind us in the swamp grass, turn on vole squeak and let it make soft music. About 3 min later out comes this small yearling from the woods edge about 100 yds away from the north, stops and then start toward the call, I bark twice and it stops and buddy shoots, it runs 30yds and rolls. Call goes into coyote pup distress and 2 min later another coyote shows up at 200 yds away north of us coming out of the swamp. I take a 250 yd shot, all I can see is the body no legs. Miss, it runs away with some lead chasing it. It was great to see this many in one sitting.

46580790962_1cbe7c87a4_c.jpg

Lesson learn from yesterday and todays hunt:
1- Buddy did better on bullet placement, closer to front leg then yesterday (picture)
2- I rushed my shoot, should of waited.
3- Will set up in different location next time we hunt this property.
Another fun morning out in the field.

Snowshoes we do think it was from the same group. Land owner says he has seen a group of 4 several time in the last 3 weeks. Thanks for looking.

coyotes are creatures of habit for sure so a very good chance that if you are seeing a pair or group of cotes in a particular area that they are in fact the same coyotes

Back