Baiting

Way to go Mrs. Weekender!! That's a terrific and memorable way to close out 2018. ( Side note : your date stamp on the scope might be a day early)

6mm - That was some nice "almost" shots. Maybe that coyote was headed to your bait station anyway. Get 'em next time.

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL! I pray everyone has a healthy 2019 that is prosperous with predators.

The Hammer nailed a big ole doe this evening. After us getting the meat off which will go into some good hot sausage, what's left is now on the bait pile.

Hey week, the Hammer has no mercy. I like that. Meat will be good, and scraps will get some more coyotes.

GG, the way that coyote left with 6mm shooting at it, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in Maryland by now. Be ready!

He he he. Yeah, that coyote packed his bags and left in a hurry. He may show up in Maryland deaf. That 6x45 is not quiet.

Congrats to "the Hammer."

That coyote left SW Va. like 6mm was shooting bullets made by the ACME safe company. Sure hope you can get him to stop Gob.

6, I have a quick release for the IR. The set screws that hold the light in place had become loose. When I got in from hunting I got everything back in place and tightened down.

Nice one G
thumbup1.gif

I've got a pair of reds that visit my bait area every night. See them eating at the buffet with the usual coons and possums at the same time.

Yotes have been opting out on a free meal for about 10 days now. Might be the crappy weather but who knows. Heard them howling a couple days ago so tried my caller to no avail. They'll be back and sooner or later they'll make a mistake when our schedules come together
cool.gif

Originally Posted By: gobblergetterBurn, do you not shoot other predators? Or, do you only go for yotes?

G - only yotes for now around the home place, but its tempting. If the fox become a problem they'll be on the list as well. So far the neighbors or myself have not had any problems with fox being in the area messing with pets or even the chickens next property over. Dont really know much about fox though, and they might be potential problems I'm not sure.

Burn - Fox and other night time critters can certainly reek havoc on fowl. Sounds like your neighbors have been really lucky.

Boy, last night was a stellar night to be out for a hunt. Dark moon, little to no wind, 30 something temps.....predator perfect. I shot a nice boar coon first thing early, then a Red dog came in around 7:20pm and I took him down, then just before 9:00 another Red showed up, and I rushed the shot hitting it low. Lots of blood at the shot location but when it ran it left me nothing, not a drop. I plan to go back today during daylight to do another search. Dang it!

First Red video
Second Red with no recovery video:

ATN Boar and dog Jan. 3, 2019 by Gobbler Getter, on Flickr

Good job on the raccoon and red, Gobbler. I know exactly how you feel about the wounded one though. I wounded my first ever coyote a couple of years ago and though I tracked it up twice, it still managed to get away and into the thick stuff. Then the other night I missed that called coyote when using the thermal, another first. Hopefully both of us will redeme ourselves soon.

Yup, I'd rather miss all together than wound any critter. Went back today and searched the stream/swamp bottom and no blood could I find. Man, when they bolt they take their blood with them.

Excellent work all!!! Great videos as well!!! Have been extremely busy around here and have let my posting fall back a bit. Have killed some coyotes and missed some too. Pretty much standard 130 and 170 yd sights. Just sold 7 coyotes at $20 average plus $5 bounty in this county. So, not so bad for having fun. Definitely has slowed from last years festivities, but still not bad. I am following along folks, just a little preoccupied and a little slow on the posting. Hope everyone is enjoying the season. Quite warm here for the season, near 50* today. Kind of dampens the excitement a little, but lots of time left. Keep killing em guys!!!
Bait

Back