Show us your Shotguns for Predators

Scrumbag

Hello folks,

Anyone use a shotgun when hunting foxes and yotes?

Interested in how people set theirs up.
What will probably be my go to is a Benelli Supernova 12b, 24" smooth bore barrel with rifle sights and a Burris Speedbead and Fastfire III (3MOA Dot). Also has a Nordic Extension Tube which is mainly from shooting Practical Shotgun as well.

Scrummy

UeYNz2im.jpg

3VY2PnGm.jpg

GQH4Cgsm.jpg

JAkPwtKm.jpg

Here is my beloved zombie green Remington versamax. I also run a Benelli M2 Tactical with an Ultradot sight as my wolf rig.

xmNQfC4.jpg

Benelli m1 super 90 Turkey with steady grip, mag tube extension and Carlson dead coyote choke tube.

Tried the eotech for a while but like the stock fiber optic bead better.

M2 with a Nordic mag extension. Used the SpeedBead for awhile and really liked it, but came to find the hard way that it wasn't holding zero reliably, so back to the factory bead.

20170923_Coyote%20Hunt-104.jpg

- DAA

Loving the scatter guns folks! Keep them coming!

So, what loads do you carry?

Walk in with number 5 for birds/rabbits
When sitting T shot or No.4 buck
Some Brenneke slugs if something "serious" turns up?

Part of me is tempted to bring the Browning BPS or the Winchester Model 12 heavy duck if the weather is nice
wink.gif

Scrummy

I looked at a Typhoon XII today. 12 gauge on an AR platform. Uses Benelli chokes. First thought was that would make a he11 of a shotgun for coyotes. Price was $499. Looked at a few reviews and they were all positive.

Originally Posted By: dmarkeseWhat kinds of shotgun loads are you guys using to kill those coyotes?

Remington 3 inch #4 buck and never look back!

Originally Posted By: jcs271Originally Posted By: dmarkeseWhat kinds of shotgun loads are you guys using to kill those coyotes?

Remington 3 inch #4 buck and never look back!

Same.

I do like the flexibility of a .223 and a 12b. The flexibility of loads with bird shot (something like English Number 5 works for hares, rabbits and holds enough pattern for pheasants, ducks and pigeons), buck shot (My choice is No. 4 buck or maybe T shot) and slug - maybe something like a Brenneke 3" black magic will deal with anything that walks short of elephant and charging cape buff.

I see a lot of you guys like number 4 buck. Any reason over T shot?

Scrummy

Originally Posted By: Scrumbag

Scrummy

For lead, I like F over T or #4B. Better pellet count than #4B, but still plenty of penetration for as far as a pattern will hold, much better penetration than T.

On paper I thought T looked pretty good, but I wasn't super impressed with it in the field. The nickel plated F hammers coyote though.

But I use hevishot BB more often than lead.

- DAA

Originally Posted By: Scrumbag

Scrummy

For me, Cost is the main reason and the cheaper Remington green box stuff has had great terminal results and patterns well in my gun.

Another versamax guy here, wouldn't have it any other way.

Aimpoint T1 on a larue mount
Patternmaster code black turkey choke
mossy oak brush dip

Originally Posted By: Bernie P.Mberg 835 with Weaver RD Reflex sight.For ammo I use both 3"BB and 3"#4 buck.After I use up the BB ammo I'm sticking to 4buck.

Hi Bernie, how do you find the 835? You don't hear a lot about them on this side of the pond.

Scrummy

Back