Predator Masters using UBB.threads ™ Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#3156861 - 07/30/18 08:20 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Loc: S. Texas
Quote:

THE HILL
Judge blocks gun control groups' lawsuit to stop downloadable 3D-printed guns

A federal judge on Friday tossed out a motion from three national gun control groups seeking a last-minute halt to a settlement that would allow for blueprints of 3-D printed firearms to be posted and dowloaded online.

THE FEDERALIST
The Libertarian Case For Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court Nomination

All this goes without mentioning other issues that make libertarian ears ring, ranging from the Second Amendment—he would’ve struck down DC’s gun-registration requirement and ban on semi-automatic rifles, using an historical rather than a “tiers of scrutiny” approach—to a skepticism of broad judicial deference (Chevron, Auer, etc.) to executive agencies. As he repeated at his nomination ceremony, “the Constitution’s separation of powers protects individual liberty.”

WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Washington Post reporter surprised to discover some guns more dangerous than others

A recent story in that paper cites new research which found a direct correlation between caliber size and shooting lethality. The bigger the bullet a gun fires, those researchers discovered, the more damage it will do to another human being. That’s enough for writer Christopher Ingraham to conclude that “not all guns are created equal.” But that is obvious, not groundbreaking.

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3158000 - 08/07/18 06:43 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

WOW!3D guns seem to be the biggest threat to safety in the US suddenly judging from the amount of attention they are getting from political types across the country.

Wonder how many gang-bangers and ne'er do wells will set up to produce firearms to rape, pillage and steal across the USA?

Regards,
hps

DAILY ALERT FOR Monday, August 6, 2018

WFTV
Armed bystander takes down gunman at Titusville back-to-school event

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - An armed bystander shot a man who opened fired on a back-to-school event at a Titusville park after a fistfight, police said The shooting occurred at Isaac Campbell Park on South Street shortly after 5:20 p.m. when the shooter, whom police have not identified, returned to the park after a fistfight and began firing, investigators said.

KRTE
Concealed carry holder stops attempted carjacking in Littlefield

LITTLEFIELD, TX (KCBD)—Ruben Garcia Lopez, a 25-year-old Littlefield resident, has been arrested, charged with attempting to hijack a car and assaulting a woman and a police officer.

THE WASHINGTON TIMES
NRA mocks David Hogg for employing 'armed security' during protest at its headquarters

Guns for me, but not for thee. The National Rifle Association taunted gun control activist David Hogg and his group’s Saturday protest at its Fairfax, Virginia, headquarters by noting his security. “Today, @davidhogg111 (with armed security) and a bunch of gun-grabbing activists protested our empty HQ,” the gun-rights organization wrote on Twitter on Saturday night...

TOWNHALL
WATCH: NRA Trolls Anti-Gunners During Their 'March On The NRA' Event...And It's EPIC

Anti-gunners descended upon the National Rifle Association's (NRA) headquarters in Fairfax, Va. on Saturday for their 'National March on the NRA' event. Of course, in typical ironic fashion, David Hogg had to show up with armed security. Because it's okay for him to be protected by guns but not the rest of us.

REUTERS
U.S. appeals court rejects challenges to California gun laws

A federal appeals court on Friday upheld the constitutionality of two California laws restricting the ability of people to buy and carry firearms, rejecting appeals by gun rights advocates.

CINCINNATI.COM
Gov. John Kasich to Ohio lawmakers: Send me gun control bills

Gov. John Kasich wants Ohio lawmakers to pass his gun control proposals. In the meantime, Kasich declined to sign a bill that would allow veterans to skip concealed carry fees.

WASHINGTON POST
Don’t let the government censor blueprints for 3-D-printed guns

But those who oppose these weapons shouldn’t be celebrating. A government ban on publishing such blueprints is going to be difficult to sustain — and that’s probably as it should be. As one court put it in 2001: “Communication does not lose constitutional protection as ‘speech’ simply because it is expressed in the language of computer code.”

DALLAS MORNING NEWS
It's time to call out the left's false narrative on 3D guns

One of the most bizarre aspects of the modern gun debate is the extent to which it is still dominated by ignorance and misinformation. One of the most important controversies in American public life rages on, yet media gatekeepers and all too many politicians simply don't know the most basic facts.

NBC CONNECTICUT
Blumenthal Demands Ban on 3D-Printed Guns

This week, a federal judge in Washington issued a temporary restraining order to stop the release of 3-D printable gun blueprints. Now US Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.) wants to ensure that ruling becomes permanent

LOS ANGELES TIMES
L.A. councilman wants to make it illegal to download blueprints for a printable gun

Under a proposal introduced Friday by Los Angeles City Councilman Mitch Englander, Angelenos could be barred from possessing or transferring the blueprints for a 3-D-printed gun, as well as the weapons themselves. Englander also wants L.A. to prod the state to make possessing such guns or blueprints a felony across California.

WASHINGTON TIMES
Rhode Island: State senator to try to ban 3D-printed guns with new bill

A Rhode Island state senator says she’ll try to get the state to ban 3D-printed plastic guns in the next legislative session.

NEW YORK POST
3-D printed guns are an imaginary problem

“That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me,” reported heroic law-enforcement officer John McClane. “It’s a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn’t show up on your airport metal detectors and probably costs more than what you make in a month.”A note for the gun-control gang: “Die Hard 2” wasn’t a documentary.

If My people will humble themselves, pray, seek My face & turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven & will forgive their sin & heal their land.

#3158197 - 08/08/18 09:40 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Wednesday, August 8, 2018

NEWS
College Lacrosse Coach Discriminates Against Pro-2A Player

A college lacrosse player at Palm Beach Atlantic (PBA) University in Florida was told by his coach in June that he had to choose between the team or posting his hunting and firearm pictures online. “You want to play lacrosse for PBA, you won’t post pics of your guns and stuff. That’s simple. You want to continue to post this – you don’t play,” the coach texted the student on June 26.

USA TODAY
NRA ad campaign urges Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation

The National Rifle Association has launched a seven-figure national and regional ad campaign, urging confirmation of President Donald Trump's pick for the Supreme Court, Brett Kavanaugh.

REASON.COM
The 1986 Plastic Gun Panic

Have you heard about the "undetectable plastic gun"? The gun control lobbies call it is "tailor-made for terrorism." The Washington Post reports that a state sponsor of terrorism is already attempting to obtain these guns. A Post columnist warns that the police "vehemently oppose the introduction of plastic guns into our armed society." Newsweek predicts the NRA will face a member revolt for opposing legislation to ban plastic guns: "This time the gun lobby may have shot itself in the foot."

DAILY SIGNAL
Sen. Mike Lee: Why I Objected to a Bill That Would Ban 3D Gun Designs

Following Trump’s tweet, however, Sen. Bill Nelson, D-Fla., went to the Senate floor and tried to pass a bill by unanimous consent (meaning there would be no roll call vote, the bill would just pass the Senate immediately without any debate) that would have banned the mere publication of any designs for a plastic gun that could be produced by a 3D printer.

TOWNHALL
Gun Control Becomes Speech Control

In a recent editorial demanding censorship of legal, unclassified information about firearms, The Washington Post mentioned freedom of speech in passing but immediately dismissed its relevance.

CBS SACRAMENTO
California: Lodi Teen Kicked Out Of Class Over NRA Shirt

An angry mother is speaking out after she says a Lodi High School history teacher targeted students wearing T-shirts advertising the National Rifle Association.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
Washington: NRA and SAF File Lawsuit Against City of Edmonds

On Tuesday, August 7th, the NRA and the Second Amendment Foundation filed a lawsuit against the City of Edmonds to invalidate the mandatory firearm storage ordinance that was recently passed by the Edmonds City Council.

#3158519 - 08/10/18 11:53 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Thursday, August 9, 2018

THE GOLDENDALE SENTINEL
Gun control initiative is certified for November ballot

On July 27, Secretary of State Kim Wyman certified Initiative 1639 for the November General Election.Wyman said concerns remain about whether the format of the I-1639 petition signature sheets complies with constitutional and statutory requirements, and whether it sets a precedent for future petitions. However, the initiative complied with the requirements of RCW 29A.72.170, which limits the Secretary's authority over initiatives to specific criteria.

NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE.COM
To Limit the Second Amendment, New York Attacks the First

As I’ve written many times before, the battle over gun rights has devolved into a bitter, unyielding culture war, and in a culture war, civil liberties are often the first casualty. State officials have their own free-speech rights, yes, but those free-speech rights do not include the right to use express or implied threats to wield state power against disfavored viewpoints. Heckle all you want, Governor Cuomo. Display your malice. But the instant that malice translates into state action aimed at speech is the instant the Constitution holds you to account.

NEW YORK POST
Andrew Cuomo is now at war with the Bill of Rights

Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s lawyers will be in federal court in Albany next month, when they’ll try to get a judge to dismiss the lawsuit against him by America’s largest civil rights organization.

DETROIT NEWS
Scaremongering over 3D guns has little to do with reality

First of all, 3D plastic guns aren't being sold to the public. Neither are "downloadable firearms" or "ghost guns." These things don't exist. Data, code and information are being sold to the public. There is no magical contraption that creates a new gun on demand. Sorry.

LOS ANGELES TIMES
The boring truth about 3-D printed guns

It's rare in 2018 for even the most shocking news story to hold public attention beyond a 48-hour window, but it has been weeks since the State Department agreed to let Austin, Texas-based Defense Distributed resume hosting its digital firearms files at DEFCAD.com, and the media frenzy has yet to fully abate. After several state attorneys general sued to block the settlement, a Seattle judge granted a temporary restraining order, and a hearing is set for Friday.

#3158626 - 08/11/18 12:08 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Friday, August 10, 2018

ORLANDO SENTINEL
Florida: AG candidate promises anti-gun task force if elected

The group would return recommendations within 60 to 90 days, on topics including from the state’s preemption of local gun laws, 3-D printing of guns, the sale of assault-style weapons and school shootings.

THE STAR
Canada: Premier Doug Ford opposes ban on handgun sales in Toronto

Premier Doug Ford says he is against a council-requested ban on the sale of handguns and their ammunition within Toronto’s boundaries.

NATIONAL REVIEW ONLINE
The Truth about the Second Amendment

It was always meant to protect an individual right

NEWS
Canada: Toronto Mayor Calls for Gun Bans, Ontario Premier Targets Criminals

Canadian anti-gun politicians’ campaign to disarm law-abiding citizens continued this week. On Monday, the Canadian press reported on an August 3 letter from Toronto Mayor John Tory to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. In the missive, Tory appeared to back a plan of total civilian disarmament for Canada’s largest city and urged Trudeau to amend the Liberal Party’s proposed gun control legislation, Bill C-71, to include a host of severe restrictions.

NEWS
NoFundMe: NRA Protest March Nets $70 in National Fundraising Effort

Crowd funding is a relatively recent innovation that allows a person or cause to leverage the vast reach of the Internet to raise money for virtually every imaginable purpose. Even small donations of a few dollars can aggregate into impressive sums with sufficient participation. It also provides an interesting window into the sorts of appeals that move people into parting with their own hard-won cash, as participants vote with their wallets, rather than just their online clicks or survey answers. To that extent, it can provide some insight into what issues really attract substantial grassroots support.

NEWS
King County Unveils “Common Sense” Action Plan: Ban “Semi-automatic, High Velocity Weapons”

In a July 23rd op-ed, Joe McDermott, the Council Chair of King County, Washington, introduced a multi-prong “King County Gun Safety Action Plan” aimed at reducing gun violence.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION NEWS
Divided Appeals Panel Upholds California Ban on Post-2013 Pistols

Imagine if California, to combat what the legislature considered the serious problem of manmade global warming, required all new vehicles sold by car dealers in the state to run on grass clippings, rather than fossil fuels.

NEWS
Adventures in Correlation

Senator Chris Murphy of Connecticut recently linked to a news article about a CDC report on homicides, claiming that “allowing more guns in more places isn’t making us safer. It’s doing the opposite.”

DALLAS MORNING NEWS.COM
Anti-NRA Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway resigns from City Council after pleading guilty to federal corruption charges

Anti-NRA Dallas Mayor Pro Tem Dwaine Caraway, who called on NRA to cancel its 2018 convention in Dallas earlier this year, has pleaded guilty to federal corruption charges, according to documents filed in Dallas federal court Thursday morning. He has also resigned from the Dallas City Council.The 66-year-old Caraway, who has also served as the city's interim mayor, admitted to accepting $450,000 in bribes and kickbacks.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION HUNTING
California: Several Firearm-Related Bills Sent to their Respective Appropriations Committee Suspense File

The Senate and Assembly Appropriations Committees met earlier this week and sent all but one firearm-related bill to their respective suspense files to be heard at a later date. The deadline for bills to pass out of the fiscal committees is August 17. Senate Bill 221, was the only firearm-related bill the Assembly Appropriations Committee passed out of committee on Wednesday, August 8. SB 221 is eligible for a vote on the Assembly floor.

#3159050 - 08/14/18 09:39 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Monday, August 13, 2018

NEWS
NRA Endorses Hyde-Smith for U.S. Senate

FAIRFAX, Va. – The National Rifle Association Political Victory Fund (NRA-PVF) announced on Monday its endorsement of Cindy Hyde-Smith to represent Mississippi in the U.S. Senate.

POLITICO
Kavanaugh confirmation hearings set for Sept. 4

Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's Senate confirmation hearings will start on Sept. 4 and last between three and four days, Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) announced on Friday.

BALTIMORE SUN
General Assembly to consider banning 3D-printed guns in Maryland

The Maryland General Assembly will consider legislation next year to ban access to 3D-printed guns after the federal government gave a Texas-based company the OK to distribute weapon blueprints.

#3159126 - 08/14/18 10:19 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

THE HILL
Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh called Scalia a 'hero' and 'role model'

“I loved the guy,” Kavanaugh said in June 2016 at a conference at George Mason Law School. “To me, he was and remains a hero and a role model.”

WASHINGTON EXAMINER
Don't forget all those other judges

Senate Republicans are using their rare August work session to make progress on several of President Trump's nominees to the lower courts and the Executive Branch, even as they continue to meet behind closed doors with Trump's Supreme Court pick, Brett Kavanaugh.

NATIONAL REVIEW
Ninth Circuit Returns to Form, Upholds Bizarre California Gun Regulation

In a ruling earlier this month, it upheld one of the most bizarre and nonsensical gun regulations in the nation. It did so by essentially ignoring the plain language of Heller and approving a legal regime that will naturally and inevitably lead to diminishing options for citizens who seek to lawfully exercise their constitutional right to self-defense.

NATIONAL REVIEW
Bethany Mandel: Women Need Guns

Guns aren’t just an equalizer in situations of random violence, robberies, and potential rapes; they also keep women safe from attackers closer to home.

#3159472 - 08/16/18 09:15 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Thursday, August 16, 2018

Have you read the latest Grassroots Alert? Catch up today

Find out what's happening each week through the weekly Grassroots Alert- sent straight to your email every Friday. If you're not getting it, you're not getting the full story.

Like the NRA? Like us on Facebook today

If you're not on Facebook, you're missing out on daily highlights from around the NRA, breaking news on important issues, not to mention numerous chances to win through our NRA Giveaways! If you haven't liked us on Facebook yet, join us today!

Watch the Latest NRA Videos

Watch videos by NRA executives, key politicos and leaders in the firearm industry on the latest on your Second Amendment rights.

#3159600 - 08/17/18 10:24 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

DAILY ALERT FOR Friday, August 17, 2018

NEWS
Judge blocks Washington ballot initiative

Thurston County judge Friday dealt a major blow to a proposed firearms-regulation measure, raising questions about whether Initiative 1639 will appear on Washington’s fall ballot. Superior Court Judge James Dixon ruled that the formatting of the signature petitions used in the Alliance For Gun Responsibility’s campaign “did not comport” to Washington law.

THE ADVOCATE
Louisiana commission blocks two banks from $600 million road plan because of gun sales policies

The State Bond Commission barred two of the largest banks in the world from participating in efforts to fund some highway projects in Louisiana because of firearms policies instituted after recent mass shootings. On 7-6 vote, the commission excluded Citigroup Inc., the nation’s third largest bank, and Bank of America Merrill Lynch, the second largest, from participating in a $600 million plan to widen Interstate 10 in Baton Rouge and improve access into the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, along with a project in Shreveport.

MYNORTHWEST.COM
NRA wins Washington case, stops gun control initiative from going to ballot

Organizers behind gun control Initiative 1639 did not comply with state signature gathering rules, according to a Thurston County superior court judge who ruled in favor of the NRA Friday. I-1639 will now be removed from the November ballot. “The National Rifle Association is glad to see the court today recognized how negligent, if not worse, gun control advocates were in their signature-gathering for this ill-advised ballot initiative,” said Chris W. Cox, executive director, NRA-ILA.

NEWS LEGAL & LEGISLATION
NRA Wins Lawsuit in Washington State, Prevents I-1639 From Appearing on Ballot

The Thurston County Superior Court today ruled in favor of the National Rifle Association and ordered a writ of mandamus to prevent I-1639 from appearing on the ballot. The judge agreed the signature sheets did not comply with state law – the font size was too small to be readable and didn't include strikethroughs.

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Precursor Parts Bill Held in Committee as Appropriations Committees Take Up Suspense Files

No summary available

KSAT.COM
Professors challenge to Texas 'Campus Carry' law rejected

Three University of Texas professors have lost another legal round in their challenge to a Texas law allowing people with concealed-handgun licenses to carry weapons on public university campuses. The New Orleans-based 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Thursday refused to revive their lawsuit, which had been dismissed last year by a federal judge in Texas.

WASHINGTON POST
Senate confirms the 25th and 26th appellate judges during Trump's tenure

The Senate on Thursday confirmed the 25th and 26th appellate court judges during President Donald Trump's tenure, as Republicans continued reshaping the federal judiciary at a record clip.

WASHINGTON TIMES
Sessions pledges DOJ will prosecute those who violate Undetectable Firearms Act

The nation’s top law enforcement officer committed Thursday to prosecuting individuals that create undetectable 3D printed firearms on Thursday.

RADIO CANADA INTERNATIONAL
Canada: Montreal city council set to increase pressure on Ottawa to toughen proposed gun legislation

Montreal is set to join Toronto in pressing the federal government to pass a nationwide ban handguns and assault rifles

#3159966 - 08/20/18 11:03 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:
DAILY ALERT FOR Monday, August 20, 2018

WASHINGTON TIMES
Washington: Judge tosses signatures on Washington gun initiative

A judge in Washington has thrown out more than 300,000 signatures to put a gun-control initiative on the November ballot, saying the petition format did not follow election law.

FOX NEWS
New study finds growing demand for Right-to-Carry permits

“We have seen an increase from 4.6 million permits in 2007 to 17.25 million now, with the number increasing every year,” the center’s founder John Lott told Fox News. “It seems very likely that we will continue seeing an increase next year.

PCMAG
Lawmakers Urge Internet Firms to Ban 3D-Printed Gun Files

Five Democratic lawmakers are attempting to push Google, Reddit and Twitter to ban the circulation of 3D-printed gun designs over their platforms.

ALBUQUERQUE JOURNAL
‘Common-sense’ gun control plans actually don’t make sense

A recent editorial (“It’s time for common-sense gun measures,” Journal Aug. 12) called for state lawmakers to pass a number of gun control proposals rolled out last week by Democratic lawmakers. “Common-sense gun measures” is a phrase that gun control activists and anti-gun politicians use in hopes that the public and the media will avoid scrutinizing the details of these bills or questioning their enforceability, efficacy, intrusiveness or necessity.

NOLA.COM
Gun policies keep 2 major banks out of $600 million Louisiana deal

Louisiana officials blocked two of the nation's largest banks Thursday (Aug. 16) from involvement in a $600 million road-financing plan because they have policies restricting gun sales and manufacturing by their commercial customers.

CBC
Canada: RCMP commissioner 'not sure' handgun ban is the answer to gun violence

"I'm not sure if a complete ban is the answer or tweaking the legislation to ensure more accountability. That's definitely something we need to study," RCMP Commissioner Brenda Lucki told Chris Hall, host of CBC's The House.

REUTERS
Baghdad gun shops thrive after Iraqi rethink on arms control

The latest initiative came into force this summer and allows citizens to own and carry handguns, semi-automatic rifles and other assault weapons after obtaining official authorisation and an identity card that also details the individual’s weapons.Previously, gun sales were restricted to firearms for hunting and sport.

WICS
Illinois: Gov. Bruce Rauner signs bill to give FOID card holders 60-day renewal grace period

Gov. Bruce Rauner today signed legislation that gives gun owners a 60-day grace period to keep their Firearms Owners Identification Card active while their renewal application is being processed, even if the processing period extends beyond the card’s expiration date.

#3160142 - 08/21/18 09:20 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:

NEWS
Outrage of the Week: New Mexico Principal Bullies Pro-Second Amendment Student

The last person you expect your kid to be bullied by is his school principal. But that's exactly what Lisa Riley, the mother of a recent high school graduate from Carlsbad, New Mexico, says happened to her son.

TEXAS TRIBUNE
Federal appeals court upholds Texas campus carry law

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on Thursday upheld Texas' campus carry law, delivering another clear victory to the state in a longshot, long-running lawsuit brought by University of Texas at Austin professors opposed to the law.

WASHINGTON TIMES
Plans for 3D-printed guns explode across internet amid court battle to repress them

Plans for 3D-printed guns have spread across the internet over the past three weeks despite the efforts of a federal judge and some of the country’s largest social media companies to try to impose limits.

USA TODAY
States aim to permanently stop Internet release of 3D-printed gun plans

A federal judge in Seattle is scheduled to hear arguments Tuesday on whether to block a settlement the US State Department reached with a company that would allow it to post blueprints for printing 3D weapons on the Internet.

LOS ANGELES TIMES
Federal judges appointed by Trump are starting to leave their mark

As Washington prepares for a Senate showdown over whether Brett Kavanaugh will join the Supreme Court, Trump has already put his stamp on the judiciary with the lifetime appointments of at least 43 federal judges. Ho was confirmed by the Senate in December by a 53-43 vote.

FRANCE24
Israel eases gun controls following lone-wolf attacks

The shift in policy, announced by the public security ministry late Monday, means that up to 600,000 Israelis could apply for gun licences, a dramatic increase on the current 140,000 civilians with permits.

MONTREAL GAZETTE
Canada: Montreal city council votes to demand Ottawa ban handguns, "assault weapons"

Montreal city council voted unanimously Monday to demand the federal government outlaw the private possession of handguns and assault weapons.

OFFICE OF ATTORNEY GENERAL ADAM LAXALT
Attorney General Laxalt Issues Statement Following Court Decision Dismissing Background Check Lawsuit

Nevada Attorney General Adam Laxalt applauded a Nevada District Court’s decision to toss out a lawsuit brought by the proponents of Nevada’s stillborn Background Check Act, also known as Question 1. The lawsuit sought to shift the blame for the broken initiative from its drafters to Nevada Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt and Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval. The Court, in a comprehensive 22-page opinion, ruled that “as a matter of law, […] given the undisputed efforts to implement The Background Check Act, it is unenforceable as written.”

#3160292 - 08/22/18 09:38 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:
DAILY ALERT FOR Wednesday, August 22, 2018

NEWS
University of Utah Instructor Ostracizes Concealed Carriers

In an outrageous attempt to punish anyone exercising their Second Amendment rights, a University of Utah instructor tried to isolate concealed carry holders by forcing them into a tiny corner in the back of the classroom. The unnamed graduate teaching assistant told her students on the first day of class this week that anyone carrying a firearm would be forced to stand in a “3 x 3 taped square on the floor in the very back of the classroom.”

SEATTLE TIMES
3D-printed guns: Federal judge in Seattle frustrated over case, could make decision by Monday

A federal judge in Seattle said he’ll decide by Monday whether to issue an injunction blocking a Texas man from publishing downloadable blueprints for producing 3D-printable guns, after lawyers argued the case before him early Tuesday.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Montana governor stands by semiautomatic weapons ban comment

Montana's governor is standing by his recent comments that he'd support a ban on some semiautomatic weapons, saying Tuesday that it's one of several measures that should be considered to curtail gun violence.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
Nevada judge: State can't enforce 2016 anti-gun measure

Proponents should have known the measure "would be contingent upon the FBI's approval" for the federal agency to take over criminal background checks during private sales of firearms, Clark County District Court Judge Joe Hardy Jr. said.

TORONTO SUN
Canada: Handgun bans are all about dramatic, showy action

One of my first editors once told me the four most dangerous words in the English language are “Something must be done!”Once a politician gets it in his or her head to demonstrate dramatic concern over an issue, he or she will settle on the showiest action, whether or not it will solve the problem.

#3160627 - 08/25/18 05:16 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:
DAILY ALERT FOR Friday, August 24, 2018

SEATTLE TIMES
Washington Supreme Court puts gun control measure I-1639 back on November ballot

The Washington state Supreme Court has ruled that the proposed gun-regulations measure, Initiative 1639, will appear on November’s election ballot. The ruling comes after a Thurston County judge earlier this month blocked the proposed initiative after Alan Gottlieb of the Bellevue-based Second Amendment Foundation and the National Rifle Association challenged the legality of the campaign’s signature-gathering petitions.

LEGAL
Read NRA's Brief on Initiative 1639 to Washington State's Supreme Court

The Washington Constitution specifies few requirements for the initiative process, but the first one is this: “Every such petition shall include the full text of the measure so proposed.”

NRA WOMEN'S LEADERSHIP FORUM
Join Us at the 2018 NRA Women’s Leadership Forum Summit—September 14-16!

Join like-minded women from all across the country who share a passion for protecting the Second Amendment at a fall Summit in Hot Springs, Virginia. You’ll hear from an incredible line-up of speakers featuring national political leaders, journalists, NRA leaders, and other Second Amendment Advocates.

NEWS
Israel Liberalizes Firearms Licensing Regime and Iraq Reexamines Gun Control

A pair of Middle East countries are reexamining their approaches to gun control. Earlier this month, Israel moved forward with its previously announced plans to make firearms more widely available to the civilian population. In nearby Iraq, the government has shifted policy to allow for Iraqi civilians to legally acquire firearms for self-defense.

NEWS
Swing and a Miss: “Experts” Analyze Brett Kavanaugh’s Sports Writing for Clues to Judicial Philosophy

We’ve said it before: The media’s output has become so ludicrous and detached from common experience – particularly as it concerns law and politics – that it’s difficult at times to determine what it’s even trying to do. This week’s example comes to us courtesy of The New Yorker, a publication that indulges in a variety of genres, including what purport to be analyses of current news, cultural essays, and humor pieces. Their pitch line for would-be subscribers is, “Read something that means something,” with a reference to the outlet’s “award-winning journalism.” But the August 27 issue has an article about President Trump’s latest nominee for the U.S. Supreme Court that is so devoid of value or intellectual rigor that, if it has any meaning at all, it can only be that the publication has erased any distinction between “thought piece” and satire.

NEWS
What Really Drove the Early ‘90s Crime Wave?

A funny thing happens when you read a study: you actually come to understand the authors’ premise, their evidence, and their conclusion.

NEWS
HSUS and PayPal Become…Pals?

PayPal, the world’s largest money transfer service for online transactions, has aligned itself with the animal “rights” extremists at the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) through a deceptively named campaign called Paws United for a Cause! PayPal has pledged to match donations made to HSUS through its Facebook page, up to a total of $100K, through August 31.

POLITICO
Kavanaugh popular in Senate battlegrounds

Voters in three conservative states where Senate Democrats are up for reelection want their senators to support Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh, according to a new poll obtained by POLITICO.

CBS SACRAMENTO
California Legislators Consider Tightening State Gun Laws

California already has some of the toughest gun laws in the country but lawmakers are considering even more restrictions.

THE OREGONIAN
Oregon retailers can't bar gun sales based on age

Oregon retailers cannot discriminate against gun buyers based on their age, according to a ruling this week by the Oregon Bureau of Labor and Industries.

#3161026 - 08/28/18 11:56 AM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:

WASHINGTON TIMES
Federal judge grants preliminary injunction in 3D-printed gun case

A federal judge on Monday granted a preliminary injunction to a coalition of states seeking to block a Texas-based company from posting online blueprints for how to make 3D-printed guns.

DAILY CALLER
Potential Gun-Related Cases That Could Reach The Supreme Court

Just after Labor Day, the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee is going to turn to the serious work of confirmation hearings for Judge Brett Kavanaugh. The timing is crucial. The hearings are expected to last no more than four days. There will likely be a pause between the end of the hearings and when Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) will presumably send the confirmation to the full Senate.

REASON
ACLU Sticks Up for the NRA

In a brief filed in federal court today, the ACLU argues that New York's strong-arm efforts to compel banks and insurance companies to ditch the NRA as a customer represent a glaring violation of the First Amendment.

VOLOKH CONSPIRACY
ACLU on the NRA's Lawsuit Against N.Y. Gov. Cuomo

Here's the ACLU's brief (filed Friday), which strikes me as quite sound legally (some paragraph breaks added)

MYNORTHWEST
Law is dead in Washington state: I-1639 is inarguably illegal

There is no law in Washington state. On Friday, the Seattle Supreme Court — formerly the Washington State Supreme Court –killed it. The so-called justices killed the law because they are left-wing activist, arrogant, lying hacks. They hate guns, they hate gun owners, solely due to those factors they unanimously approved Initiative I-1639. The so-called court openly defied the clear and simple language of Washington state law. The so-called judges killed the law.

ASSOCIATED PRESS
State Supreme Court Clears Way for Washington Gun Measure

Thurston County Superior Court Judge James Dixon had said the signature petitions did not clearly identify what would change in the law and the font was too small to be readable. He ordered the secretary of state to stop certification of the measure. But the Supreme Court ruling, written by Chief Justice Mary Fairhurst, said the secretary of state is not required to block a measure based on the readability and formatting of the proposed measure's text.

TOWNHALL
Washington State's Gun Control Initiative Will Appear On The November Ballot Despite Questionable Practices

"The problem with the petitions is that they failed to underline new law and strike through removed law so that the reader could not know the current law, added law and subtracted law," Alan Gottlieb, Founder and Executive Director of SAF, previously told Townhall.

#3161170 - 08/29/18 01:11 PM Re: Any Interest in NRA ILA Legislative Alerts? [Re: hm1996]
hm1996 Offline
PM Junkie

Quote:

LEGAL & LEGISLATION
California: Bills Moving Fast in the Final Days of the Legislative Session

The California Legislature is pushing bills through the Senate and Assembly floor in the final days of session. Below is an update of the action taken on bills this week and the list of anti-gun bills that are still eligible for votes, which may be considered at any time. Please use our TAKE ACTION Button below to contact your state legislator.

NPR
The School Shootings That Weren't

In 161 cases, schools or districts attested that no incident took place or couldn't confirm one. In at least four cases, we found, something did happen, but it didn't meet the government's parameters for a shooting. About a quarter of schools didn't respond to our inquiries.

FOX NEWS
California lawmakers approve tougher restrictions on firearms possession, report says

Lawmakers in California on Monday sent three bills to Gov. Jerry Brown’s desk that call for stricter restrictions on firearms in a state that has one of the toughest gun laws in the country.

Page 3 of 18 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  DesertRam, Stu Farish 

© Predator Masters™, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.