Predator Masters using UBB.threads ô Infopop Corporation.
PM Gear Moon & Weather

Welcome to the Predator Masters Forums
Be sure to visit the main Predator Master website at

PM Gear
PM Gear
PM Gear
The Official Predator Masters Search Engine
Search Predator Masters

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#3200865 - 04/09/19 12:10 PM Re: Aim point for coyote head shot [Re: SlickerThanSnot]
Bob_Atl Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: in the field, or not..
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot

a 22 short rim fire bullet between the eyes has been used to kill trapped coyotes for eons.

while that's no doubt true, my trapping experience is limited to one knarley old raccoon, that didn't give up after one rimfire shot between the eyes,,,

A rimfire shot from a stand, at distance, would be horizontal entry and is unlikely to be as accurate as standing over a trapped vermin.
.... rule #9 ....

#3201281 - 04/14/19 06:25 AM Re: Aim point for coyote head shot [Re: cmatera]
Fur Taker Offline
Predator Master

Loc: NY
I preformed a Necropsy (autopsy) on a coyote. If you would like to see where the vitals are let me know thru PM. I will not post pictures on here due to antis.

#3202431 - 04/27/19 08:48 PM Re: Aim point for coyote head shot [Re: cmatera]
22 Chuck Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Montmorency Co, MI
Slip the bullet in from kinda "behind" the skull. Shooting coyote in the head usually results in a great deal of bleeding all over the set.

#3202714 - 05/02/19 07:48 AM Re: Aim point for coyote head shot [Re: cmatera]
Dultimatpredator Offline
Die Hard Member III

Loc: Wisconsin
I stopped taking head shots after the last one I tried. It was facing forward sitting looking at me. I didnít adjust for bullet drop as it was to close and blew its whole bottom jaw off and the bullet never made it into its skull or neck. It hammer of Thoríed to the ground. Got up a minute later and ran off with no jaw, just top, with itís tounge hanging out. I tracked it down a good 150 yards later and found it under a brush pile. It still tried to lunge for me with nothing to bite me with. Iíve dropped them stone cold dead between the eyes facing forward a few times with 60 grain vmax out of my 223. The one that ran was with a 70 grain NBT out of my 243. I only aim right behind the shoulder now or I donít take the shot. Iíve drilled a few up the tailpipe running away as well. Makes a mess and if the bullet goes off at an angle...which it will, youíll be chasing down coyotes. Imo your better off waiting for a perfect shot or passing till a good shot is able to be taken. Thereís no law or rule that you have to shoot AT every coyote you see or shoot FIRST before your buddy takes it. The only way Iíd headshot one Is if I had no other shot available and with my explosive bullets I just hope it blows enough of it off itís shoulders....and obviously it dose not as Iíve stated. I would save head shots for 22 LR when trapping.

Edited by Dultimatpredator (05/02/19 07:54 AM)

#3208240 - 07/20/19 02:14 PM Re: Aim point for coyote head shot [Re: spotstalkshoot]
22 Chuck Offline
Predator Master

Loc: Montmorency Co, MI
Just below the ear.

When trapping I dont head shoot.. Too much blood all over everything. Give em a shot in the lungs ad it is all over.

Edited by 22 Chuck (07/20/19 02:15 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Infidel 762 

© Predator Mastersô, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.