Foxpro Hellfire Issues

milsy12

Hi folks

Been a forum viewer a long time, new account holder now.

I have a fox pro hellfire unit that is creating a lot of grief. The sound files all seem distorted and interrupted all the time. This happens on low or high volume, even with fresh batteries in everything and being tested inside at close range. I have contacted fox pro service regarding this but they're response has been sporadic to say the least. They figure it might be a bad card.

Can I get a new card from them? Or can I get my own micro SD card and do something? Anyone else had/have these issues?

Im frustrated with this unit to say the least. Should I pitch it and buy an ICOtec or Lucky Duck? Missing some prime hunting time up here in the north right now and over the holidays.

Thanks in advance for any information

My guess is that there isn't a quick fix for the problem. All predator calls has a Hellfire for $189, so I wouldn't want to invest a lot in fixing your old one, if I were you.
If it were me, I would move on to a newer call and get an estimate from FoxPro on fixing the old unit. If the fix was a reasonable amount I would have it fixed and keep it for a backup unit.
If you wait for a fix, you could lose a good share of the calling season. The older I get, the more I realize that lost time is gone forever.

I’m kind of leaning towards looking at a lucky duck revolt

Kind of curious as to remote range and battery life. I haven’t been able to find many reviews on these issues

Back