Santa knife gifts?

Really like the custom shop options of the Buck 110. I see one in my future, for sure. I am intrigued by the drop point blade option, in s30v, not sure on scale material, though...

Yes sir, a drop point 110 is on the short list for me. Buck Custom Shop is excellent to order from and work with. There is a six week wait for your custom knife. With that said, there are several vendors that contract knives directly from Buck and have lots of options in stock ready to ship. Check out Copper and Clad, DLT Knives and SK Blades for some very interesting options not available directly from Buck.

Yep, been a Buck fan for years. My first was a Stockman, which I've used to field dress many a deer. Broke the pin on that first knife and sent it back to Buck w/letter asking them to replace the pin and let me know charges as I was abusing the knife cutting out a hole in sheetrock for a window unit when it broke.

The sheepsfoot blade was about 1/2 worn away by the many sharpenings over a number of years and I was very clear in my letter that the knife didn't owe me anything, so to please charge for repairs.

Very shortly I received what was most likely a new knife or my old one with new handles and sheepsfoot blade @ no charge. I've bought many Bucks over the years for gifts and always have one or three handy ever since.

Haven't used a fixed blade knife ever since I got the Hunter and actually use the Stockman for 99% of my field dressing.

Regards,
Clarence

Yep, Buck Customer Service is top notch. My dad always had a Buck 501 for his pocket knife. Dad's sharpening technique wasn't the best. He usually did swirls on an Arkansas stone. Dad's knives were always sharp but he was very hard on blades. His blades would literally get ground away and the tips would stick up above the frame and stick you when you reached in the pocket. I sent dad's favorite knife back to Buck with a letter asking the factory to reblade the knife and bill me for the work. A couple weeks went by and I received a package from Buck. The knife had been rebladed and received the complete spa treatment. There was a note from Buck CS that said, "No charge. Hope your dad enjoys his Buck knife for many more years."

My best friend and hunting partner surprised me with this Billy Watson. It's a recreation of a vintage Marbles Woodcraft.

IMG_0139-L.jpg

Back