Lucky Duck Revolt- favorite sounds?

ole_270

Just picked up a Revolt, for an old hand caller there's a bewildering array of sounds on this thing. All sound great, by the way. For those who have experience with the Revolt or Revolution, what's your goto sounds?

I like to mix schoolyard brawl in, a few seconds at a time, with my favorite rabbit. Don't always do that, but I often do. And if multiples show up, as soon as #1 dies, I hit a preset fight sound to keep em coming back for more.
Otherwise, I don't leave a stand without playing a fight sound of some flavor.

Realize this thread is about a year old. But I’m frustrated, I had a FoxPro Fury for years, and figured out what I determined to be the most successful sequence I could possibly put together. It was a 5-6 sound stand of the best sounds that worked together in a certain order and really seemed to trigger all of the instincts of the coyote at some point in the stand.

Fast forward and I decided to purchase a Lucky Duck Revolt when my FoxPro crapped out because I saw and heard of so many people having success with it on social media. But I’ve called and called with the thing, and haven’t gotten anything in.... meanwhile my buddy plays our old sequence with his FoxPro and they’re coming running.

I see the lists of “good sounds” above, and they all sound great to me. But apparently not the coyotes, I’m not triggering a response.

Anybody have a sequential order they go in that really seems to work that they would be willing to share? Of specific sounds? I’ve got everything that came on the Revolt, and some sounds from Tony Tebbe Predator Unibersity as well.

Also, how much do you all rotate the call? Maybe I’m overdoing that.

Last edited:
That's interesting, I've had the exact opposite results since going to the Revolt. I suspect it's other circumstances like bad luck, no coyotes around at the right time.

I've had great luck with a couple simple howls, then pick your flavor of pup distress, half way through go more frantic with a fight sound, using lip squeaks to finish the deal if need be.

Yeah, I seem to be having the opposite experience of most. That’s why I’m so frustrated.

Don’t know if I’m using the wrong particular sounds, calling to quietly or too loud, or using the rotation feature too much.

There’s definitely dogs around, we see em, hear em, sign all over. They gone out to the FoxPro, not the Revolt. So I know I’m doing something wrong, feel like I haven’t gotten a good sequence. Do you guys adjust the volume up and down during a particular sound? I always did that on the FoxPro, but the Revolt’s buttons click pretty loudly.

MO Coyotes, the logic side of me is talking here. If a coyote is close enough to hear the "buttons clicking", then they are surely close enough to at least see, if not kill. And I don't see how the rotation of the call could be causing coyotes to not show up. Too loud, probably not, after all there are guys that use full volume, or darn near to it, that post that they are killing coyotes, so that surely isn't the problem. Too softly, well, if they can't hear it, that could certainly be a problem.

I guess I have often thought I found the right "sequence" but what my favorite sequence of sounds is very well probably isn't anyone else's. Heck this year I've killed more coyotes to simple 'ol rabbit then anything else, BUT I have been hunting low pressured coyotes so I expect them to come to rabbit. Once I start hunting my properties for a second time for the season, I won't be using rabbit, probably lean more on vocals.

I highly doubt it's a chosen sound problem, as I think most un-pressured coyotes would come to a multitude of prey sounds, and probably a lot would also come to vocals. Sometimes we fall into a slump and it seems a guy can't buy a coyote for nuthin'. My guess is you're in one of those slumps, OR you're hunting highly pressured coyotes and that is a sure way to knock ones success down, really quick.

Keep after 'em. You'll figure it out.

Ok guys, thermal season is upon us and I got the super revolt. Have any of you guys ran a night sequence that works pretty well for late evening to night hunts.

I’ll be hunting pressured properties and some that probably never been hunted. With this new call, I’m having trouble bringing in stubborn dogs as well. My fox pro crapped out on me last season. I’m pretty new to the revolt sounds any help would be very much appreciated.

Ok guys, thermal season is upon us and I got the super revolt. Have any of you guys ran a night sequence that works pretty well for late evening to night hunts.

I’ll be hunting pressured properties and some that probably never been hunted. With this new call, I’m having trouble bringing in stubborn dogs as well. My fox pro crapped out on me last season. I’m pretty new to the revolt sounds any help would be very much appreciated.
According to Jeff from The Last Stand, (show that Lucky Duck puts out) he only uses a handful of sounds. I personally don’t have a Lucky Duck, but going off of memory here are sounds I would try.

Shelterbelt
Lucky Pecker
Schoolyard Brawl
Sig Kicking Ass 3

Yeah, I seem to be having the opposite experience of most. That’s why I’m so frustrated.

Don’t know if I’m using the wrong particular sounds, calling to quietly or too loud, or using the rotation feature too much.

There’s definitely dogs around, we see em, hear em, sign all over. They gone out to the FoxPro, not the Revolt. So I know I’m doing something wrong, feel like I haven’t gotten a good sequence. Do you guys adjust the volume up and down during a particular sound? I always did that on the FoxPro, but the Revolt’s buttons click pretty loudly.

I don't think it's a sound problem you have, what I think you have is someone else hunting the same areas that's educated them with LD sounds, I'd almost bet money on it.

This sport has blown up with the success of thermals and we got guys running everywhere that ain't supposed to be there. Having contest every weekend hurts us also.

Just because you own it or sole permission doesn't mean others ain't sliding in there, that's a fact.

I use both F Pro and a Revolt. Toss up. As to Revolt sounds the ones mentioned above are great but add Praire dog,Goober kickin azz and Pup detention to the mix.

MO Coyotes, the logic side of me is talking here. If a coyote is close enough to hear the "buttons clicking", then they are surely close enough to at least see, if not kill. And I don't see how the rotation of the call could be causing coyotes to not show up. Too loud, probably not, after all there are guys that use full volume, or darn near to it, that post that they are killing coyotes, so that surely isn't the problem. Too softly, well, if they can't hear it, that could certainly be a problem.

I guess I have often thought I found the right "sequence" but what my favorite sequence of sounds is very well probably isn't anyone else's. Heck this year I've killed more coyotes to simple 'ol rabbit then anything else, BUT I have been hunting low pressured coyotes so I expect them to come to rabbit. Once I start hunting my properties for a second time for the season, I won't be using rabbit, probably lean more on vocals.

I highly doubt it's a chosen sound problem, as I think most un-pressured coyotes would come to a multitude of prey sounds, and probably a lot would also come to vocals. Sometimes we fall into a slump and it seems a guy can't buy a coyote for nuthin'. My guess is you're in one of those slumps, OR you're hunting highly pressured coyotes and that is a sure way to knock ones success down, really quick.

Keep after 'em. You'll figure it out.
This is the best advice

I switched to ICOtec from FoxPro a couple years ago. I’ve had great luck with the outlaw. Recently one of my buddy’s got a super revolt and holy smokes!! I had to have one after hearing some of the Ricky P sounds. The super revolt should arrive tomm. I’ll be checking in here to see what other sounds folks like. Look forward to trying it out. Kryptonite sounds incredible! The half breed sounds are also insane.

Back