Best Complete AR-15 for predator hunting under 1,000

It's hard to beat a Rock River Varmint or Predator Pursuit. I've had two varmints and one predator and they were all hammers. The only downside is they don't come threaded if you want to run a suppressor. If you're going to send it off to have threaded you're money ahead to just go another route, might just want to get another one of their SS models.

Originally Posted By: WSpencerThanks for the input. I'm looking hard at the RRA X-Series X-1 in .223 Wylde.

Before you do that, Google up Predator Technology Group and see what the boys there can whip up for you. They specialize in predator-specific ARs. That's what I shoot now and it's a great tool.

If you decide to go the RRA route check out PK Firearms they have a ton of RRA stuff, both complete and stripped lowers in many different variations, complete uppers and complete rifles as well.

I wound up getting the RRA LAR-15 X-Series X-1 in .223 wylde. Got it for 995 plus tax. Now on to shopping for a scope and mount. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Rock solid choice!No pun intended a fine shooting solid rifle.I own several ar15 and my rock river is consistently the best shooter.

I'm a fan of the aero one piece mounts they are super light and well made. As far as optics 2.5 to 10 or 3 to 12 range would be ideal for called coyotes. I'd say 80% of my coyotes get killed on 3 power. 125 yards and under it's a pretty easy shot on low power

I also use the Predator Technology group rifle. For your budget you can get a very nice rifle built the way you want it. It became my carry around rifle for predators or gp

Don't own an AR costing that much. Killed plenty of Yotes with mine. A simple 18 inch barrel and a 1X4 power scope like the Nikon or Bushnell for an AR. Look to JimBobs or Palmeto State for an upper and Lower on sale. Good Prices. 8 or 9 twist barrel is good enough for all Yote bullets from 40 gr to 75 gr. A cantilever one piece scope mount is the cats meow and mount the scope so you can get at the charging handle without reaching around the scope. Good luck and wear camo including your hands and face while hunting.

Originally Posted By: Redneckbmxer24It's hard to beat a Rock River Varmint or Predator Pursuit. I've had two varmints and one predator and they were all hammers. The only downside is they don't come threaded if you want to run a suppressor. If you're going to send it off to have threaded you're money ahead to just go another route, might just want to get another one of their SS models.

X2

Back