Cs-24, Icotec outlaw or lucky duck revolt?

Dustin Drews

I have ran the cs-24 and the outlaw.
Love the clarity of the cs-24 remote range can be spotty. When it is well within range.
The outlaw remote works farther then I can walk. Sounds on the one I was around sounded like someowas loose in the call? It was a brand new caller. Anyone else experience this? It really showed its noise at a distance.
Lucky duck? Never been around them one friend says the are the bomb?
I was committed to the outlaw until I heard the scratchy sounds coming out of it.
What is everyone’s thoughts on them?
Gods Bless,
Dustin

Last edited:
I have the Hellfire, the CS-24 add a few years love mine. I have had the distance issues with mine as well. I have found putting them on a fence post, etc will curb that. I can't give up my foxpro having used some other calls, sound to me is key and I'll stick with the Hellfire.

The only chink in the CS-24's armor is remote range when you have it sitting on the ground. I always try to get mine up off the ground, in a bush, fence post etc. I know that is not always possible but the pure quality, volume and toughness far outweighs that one shortcoming. Every other call falls short of a CS-24. I have not tried any of the others you mentioned. I have hunted with guys that use them and we always end up using my call after a few stands for obvious reasons. Any will work, but once you put your hands on them and feel the quality, or lack there of, the choice will become clear.

I noticed the same issue with the CS24 when sitting on the ground and the remote range. Fixed it by taking an 8 inch tripod, removing the swivel and setting it up with a quick attach. Tripod is short enough that it fits in the bag that carries my calling items. Not sure how to get pictures to show up in post.

https://imgur.com/a/y8Ho9mt

https://imgur.com/MsshSNT

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: John56I noticed the same issue with the CS24 when sitting on the ground and the remote range. Fixed it by taking an 8 inch tripod, removing the swivel and setting it up with a quick attach. Tripod is short enough that it fits in the bag that carries my calling items. Not sure how to get pictures to show up in post.

https://imgur.com/a/y8Ho9mt

https://imgur.com/MsshSNT

Copy the BB code and paste it in your post.

I have hunted with all of them and own all but one. Foxpro cs24 is a great call, compact, durable as heck and has a decent amount of volume. If you have some better sounds to load it would make it even better but I’m not a big fan of the stock foxpro sounds but they still kill coyotes I’m just not the biggest fan.

Icotec outlaw is loud and the clarity is awesome, it’s a little bulky for my taste with no added features unlike the lucky duck. The stock sounds on the icotec are awesome and you shouldn’t have to load any different sounds unless you have some favorites. Probably not as durable as the cs24 but the remote range is better as stated above.

Lucky duck is the caller I have been running for the last three years and I don’t think I will ever change. Yes the plastic feels cheap, the durability isn’t what the icotec or foxpro is but the volume and clarity is where it’s at. The stock sounds are unmatched and I haven’t had to load any of my favorite sounds. It is bulky like the outlaw but it has a built in decoy and a built in rotating motor so you can control which way you wanna call from the remote, so I don’t mind it being bulky since it comes with some extra features. At first I thought the motor was dumb but man I use it on every stand and I think it has helped kill a few extra coyotes here and there but who knows.

I am no affiliated with any of these companies so there is no favoritism here. Before I ever bought a lucky duck I was foxpro all the way, maybe not foxpro sounds but foxpro units. One thing that I have really enjoyed about icotec and lucky duck giving foxpro a run for their money is foxpro prices finally came down. I mean really guys 600$ for a speaker and computer chip??? Their prices got a little out of hand for a few years. Meanwhile you can pick up a lucky duck for 280$ with a ton of options then foxpro and icotec. Oh and the programming for a lucky duck is night and day difference them foxpro and the rumor on the street is lucky duck is coming up with a new call that’s gonna give the cs24 a run for their money.

All in all I would go lucky duck but then again you will call and kill coyotes no matter what you use its all personal preference.

Last edited:
The old duck sure is gaining popularity. Went and looked at the lucky duck Revolt at Scheels today.
Looks like a pretty legit call.
The pan from side to side was pretty neat being able to cast the sound in different directions. It is held in by a magnet so I doubt it will break off like I thought it would.
They sell a fence post adapter that looks like it would be handy for any call.
The remote left a lot to be desired. If it works a guy could live with it.
The color settings for the dark was way bright. Need some tape over it to dim it down.
Build quality i think the outlaw is more sturdy.
No light for the decoy like the Outlaw which would Be handy for bobcats at night.
Foxpros quality looks and feels better but I have not heard anything bad about the others.

I have a gut feeling I’m going to buy a Duck or outlaw and Foxpro will come out with a call that combines all three.

God Bless,

Dustin

I was undecided between the CS24 and the Lucky Duck Revolt...kept going back and forth. Finally called Rick about the Lucky Duck and after our conversation, I ordered the Lucky Duck. So far I am really pleased with the sounds...they are very clear and realistic. This caller is LOUD! The remote works so well that the supplied tripod stand is fine...the call doesn't have to be real high off the ground for the remote to work. A couple of issues on the remote...as others have stated, even on the "night" mode the backlight is still bright, also it would have been nice to have the remote buttons lighted...these are my only "nit-picky" issues. After using the remote at night now for several outings, I am getting the buttons down now without too much issue. Glad I bought it and will be hanging onto it for awhile. My buddy has a FP Shockwave and we alternate between using each caller. I cannot downgrade the Shockwave, as it has produced a good number of coyotes as well and the remote buttons are lit.

By the American made caller, you will go through 5 of the foreign made callers to one of the American made FOXPROS...

Love my Lucky Duck,however, i have killed them over foxpro too. And have hunted over a icotec once. When it came time to put my own money down the Lucky Duck got to make the ride home in the truck.

Last edited:
I own both FoxPro and Lucky Duck. The FP fits into my pack much easier as its smaller, seems better built, but the LD gets 90% of the hunting time. Love the clarity of the sounds, the range of communication, the ability to send sounds to different areas with the controller. Very pleased with LD so far, and would buy another in a heart beat if needed.

Back