Santa knife gifts?

My daughter gave me a Benchmade Emissary for Christmas.

I've always known Benchmade makes very nice knives but I was always to cheap to spend that much for one. I'm sure I'll have it forever.

Yes, Being very sick I didn't expect any guests but I received an extraordinary gift from a good friend that completely surprised me. Still smiling.
Friction Forged with Desert Ironwood

[img:left]
nb58w8.jpg
[/img]

29kxerk.jpg
[/img]

34ss4f4.jpg
[/img]

b6yg7l.jpg
[/img]

That's a beautiful gift, Mark. Best wishes for speedy recovery, my friend!

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Not me, but my nine-year old daughter got her first very own pocket knife, a little pink Swiss Army Knife with a wicked sharp pen knife blade, scissors, and handy tweezers. She was tickled pink (pun intended).
smile.gif

B23, you will love the Axis lock. Congrats on your new Benchmade!

Tripod, that skinner looks great!

Troy, great gift for the young lady!!!

Quote:Santa leave any sharp objects under your tree? He left something for me!

Matter of fact, Santa left only a lump of coal, but my son, on the other hand,
grin.gif

44677626940_acbf2d6a7a_c.jpg

C'mon now, Gary, don't keep us in suspense.

Regards,
hm

Nice Spydie! I'll try to get some pictures tomorrow while muzzleloader hunting and post asap. Hopefully some posed on a freshly shot deer. A hint is that it came from the Buck Custom Shop.

Mmmmmm. The suspense deepens.
smile.gif

ETA: Good hunting tomorrow!

Regards,
Clarence

Last edited:
Nice looking knives guys... I didn't get any for Xmas this year... but I have 5 or 6 due from Gene any time now...

Dang, that's plum purdy, Gary. Last pic scared me for a minute, though, that was blood on the blade. You don't really plan to get blood on it do you?
scared.gif

Buck hunter's been on my belt for 40 years or so;mine's not near that purdy, but it works!
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

That knife is almost to pretty to take outside. As you know s30 will hold a sharp edge.
I find that most new knives are sharp but not to the potential of a good sharpening.
Of course you may want to keep it untouched. Certain knives get that status.

Thanks guys! Ten years ago I gifted a Custom Shop 110 to my son. Though he has other choices, for the most part his Folding Hunter is on his belt when we go hunting. He surprised me at our family Christmas get together with this knife. He knows I appreciate the Buck Knife company and have a fondness for the 110. I've had several Custom Shop 110's built over the years. My son knows I like the nickel bolsters and that Buckeye burl is likely my favorite wood handle choice on knives. He understands knife steel and knew the S30V would suit me just fine. I think he did a knock out job on the specs for this knife.

Buck did a great job on the knife. Fit and finish are superb. The action is very smooth and very tight. The blade is centered when folded and locks up like a bank vault with zero movement when open.
Solid feeling, tight and smooth describes the action. The sheath is an attractive brown leather. It is stout and well made and best of all, like the knife the sheath is made in the USA. The only nit pick is that the blade grind is ever so slightly off. I'll straighten that up when it gets sufficiently dull to break out the Edge Pro. It's sharp as sin right now. And I do mean seriously sharp. No doubt this came out of the box as one of the sharpest knives I have ever bought. I tried to bloody it today. Saw a bunch of deer, just not the right deer. Saw a hog but he got in some brush and didn't give me a shot. All my knives get used and so will this one. Actually, my son would be disappointed if I didnt use it.

Quote:All my knives get used and so will this one. Actually, my son would be disappointed if I didnt use it.

Yeah, I was just funnin' ya on that one, it is a beauty.

Regards,
Clarence

Clarence,
I take it that you are also a Buck knife user? You mentioned your Folding Hunter being 40 years old. I have a 112 that is 36 years old. Actually, I gave the 112 to my son. I bought that knife the week he was born. I carried that knife for nearly thirty years off and on before I gave it to my son. It got some hunting time, camping, scouting and hiking, and a lot of working around the farm chores. Several years ago the boy and I were doing something around his house and I handed him that knife for a chore. I ended up leaving it with him.

Back