Kalispell MT

Richard2018

Searching for a place to hunt coyotes in the area (flathead county).
I am a trying to open my own taxidermist shop and need some work or coyotes to practice on

There are lots of good shops and more than a few world class taxidermists in NW Montana. If you are needing dead coyotes to practice on as you are opening your shop I worry that you may be putting the cart before the horse. Have you thought about hiring on as an apprentice? Most shops around here are always looking for RELIABLE help. Start off skinning and fleshing then progress accordingly. As far as hunting spots in the Flathead, good luck. Lots of private land around you. May have to get over past Glacier/Browning and then ask for permission on private land.

Also I think pelt prices over there are quite high. If it’s just for skinning and such then maybe put a post on Craigslist saying your looking to pay 10-20 per dead dog and then you skin and put em up and sell to auction for $100

Originally Posted By: Tracker0721Also I think pelt prices over there are quite high. If it’s just for skinning and such then maybe put a post on Craigslist saying your looking to pay 10-20 per dead dog and then you skin and put em up and sell to auction for $100

If it were that easy you'd think everyone would be doing it!!

Back