Foxpro Questions ??

Gene Carroll

Due to battling lung cancer and the resulting loss of my lung capacity, I have found I need to give up the mouth type calls I have used for 40 years or more.

I am making a swith to Foxpro electronic callers. I have secured 3 models to try out and make my choice of, and will sell the other 2 after my choice is made. ( I'm not very familiar with any of them. )

They consist of:

A new in the box "Inferno" which I bought at Cabelas with a "Fox Jack".

An older, but still new " He!! Fire" also from Cabelas.

Also, a like brand new "Furry ll" ( package someone put together ) Which came with the following stuff; 2 brand new ( in factory packaging ) 110 AC and a 12 volt car chargers, as well as 20 rechargeable black Foxpro batteries, 10 of those were still in the package along with the new 110 volt charger. Also included in this "calling package" are 2 different auxillary mechanical attracting devices. (still in their factory sealed Foxpro packaging ) One is a "JACK" Fox Jack with electronic "Hunting Decoy" which attaches to and replaces the battery cover on the calling device. The other is A Foxpro "Jack-Attack" with a remote control and 2 electric moving devices to choose from. Also included is a new External Horn Style speaker. I gave $300 for all of this stuff at my local gunsmiths shop as it was on consignment. Was that a reasonable price or should I have passed on the somewhat older Furry ll model ?

I am asking for your thouhts and recomendations on the models I have chosen ?
BTW, all of these come with the "Foxbang" feature.

Thanks, Gene

Last edited:
Thats a pretty good price on the package you got at the gunsmiths shop in my opinion. I agree with STS though, sell all 3 of the calls and go for a Fusion or CS24C. You could keep the batteries and chargers, a decoy if you wanted it, and may come out even or ahead. I think a new CS24C or Fusion goes for around $400 and you can pick your sound choices if you order direct from Foxpro or AllPredatorCalls. It would be worth it to get the TX-1000 remote.

If you’re going to keep one of the callers you already have, the Fury II is the one. It is only a few years old and still a tremendous caller. With all the extras that came with it, you have a great setup. Good luck.

Thanks for the advise.

At this point, it appears I'll keep the Fury II as it's like new and paid for.

Then, once I get enough post, I'll put the remainder in the Classifieds ( unless someone is interested in any of it now, and want's to contact me before that? If so, possibly make me a fair offer thru a PM or email at frogonharley@aol.com

I will say up-front... that all I have to work with is a touch screen tablet and I know of no way to transfer my pics to a photo storage site and then retrieve and re-post them here.
I can however, send them thru email if given and email address or thru a text from my cell phone... I'm happy to give my ph# in a PM if required.

Thanks again, Gene

Back