KUDOS TO TACTICAL NIGHT VISION COMPANY

Originally Posted By: igorThat's getting spooky

Yeah, what is so amazing is this was accomplished with the new FLIR Breach helmet mounted 320 BOSON core system, the 640 BOSON will have 4X the pixels available for the Movidius image processor for even higher performance.

The BOSON cores ability to be programmed for AI algorithiums certainly changes the future of uncooled thermal cores applications.

I think one of the first applications of the FLIR BOSON AI capabilities for the hunting market will be help with positive identification of specific animals species in the field.

I’m certain PID will still depend on the operator in the end no matter what AI has to say about it, but it may be able to enhance the operators decision making ability.

Had a fantastic time tonight with my 6.5mm Grendel SBR and FLIR T-70 thermal.

Wife is out of town and it began raining steady at sunrise and continued raining steady all day long until about 5PM while I was mowing the horse-pasture with a rain jacket on most of the day. Got all my chores done about 7:30PM and figured I would head out alone out back of the house to a new feeder that I set up last weekend, just finished bush hogging out a shooting lane around the new feeder yesterday.

After hanging out for about 30 minutes I spied 4 large hogs coming down the road about a quarter mile in front of me. They disappeared and stepped off the road into the forest four or five times but kept getting closer and closer to me slowly but surely.

Finally, after about 25 minutes of watching and waiting, two large boars entered my cleared out shooting lane about 100 yards in front of me. Took aim at the head of the largest boar and pulled the trigger on the Grendel SBR sending a 100 grain handloaded Barnes TSSX downrange.

Boar dropped in his tracks, DRT.

Was all by myself so a little difficult recovering him and towing him home behind the UTV back to the house.

Smithfield Farms would be jealous!

IMG_3606.JPG

SP,

Are you still liking your Pioneer? I saw one on a trailer at a gas station and stopped and talked to the guy and he absolutely LOVED his. He says it's so much more maneuverable than his old Mule and yet it does everything just as well.

I think he has the same wheels and tires you have on yours.

You certainly live in hog heaven. The dog hunters are keeping them thinned around here to keep them from eating the deer corn. Now I wish they'd let us thin the bear population as well. They're so out of control it's ridiculous. If FWC would tell the truth about the exploding bear population and how they're loosing their fear of people maybe we'd get another bear hunting season soon.

$bob$

Bob, I have two Pioneers on the Ranch here, a 700 and a 500, both are hard working utilitarian vehicles. The 700 can carry 1,500 pounds while the 500 can carry 500 pounds, they both are very nice. The 700 is a 2014 model and has 8,000 miles in it and has never been in the shop for anything, the 2018 500 has 800 miles on it and is highly maneuverable and kinda sporty. Both are much smoother riding than my ATVs and easy on my back.

Plus they work great for hauling the corn out to the feeders and the pork back to the barn!

Local upscale Country Club Golf Course has been losing lots of coin repairing their fairways and greens from invasive feral hogs ripping the place up and making the members upset.

So, they gave us a brand new super quiet Yamaha Electric Golf cart with a charger and told us to have at it.

Numerous complaints from the home owners as well as the Club Managment were taken into consideration.

IMG_3711.JPG

IMG_3712.JPG

Took down two nice boars out on the fairways, FLIR T-70 and 6.5MM Grendel SBR put a handloaded Barnes 100gr. TSX through both legs, both lungs, and heart, DRT.

Dom%20Boar.JPG

Golf%20Course%20Dom%20Hog.jpg

An electric golf cart is what I would like as well for hog hunting. Those things are pricy though.

Typical mushroom from a TSX. They are great bullets.

Running up quite a tab at the plush Country Club bar -> two drinks for every hog!
thumbup.gif

We are the only ones allowed in wearing camo.
scared.gif

T-50 took down another cockroach last night as it has been doing constantly for the last eight years, one of my favorite thermal scopes.....

T50%20Boar.JPG

Originally Posted By: SkyPupSweet Deal.

DJI Mavic Pro Platinum Ready to Fly Thermal Solution - 4K Video & FLIR 640x512 Resolution Thermal Video Simultaneously

https://store.groupgets.com/collections/..._eid=62b8fddfc4

For some reason gmail has been sending notifications of PM posts to my spam folder for the last couple of weeks and I just found this post. FIXED!

That's an amazing piece of kit as the Aussies would say. The price is pretty darned low considering what it will do too. If Trump never gets the border wall a bunch of these would likely be pretty effective and cheap considering the normal price of military NV and Thermal equipment.

I can't imagine how useful it would be for predator and hog hunting as well. I imagine it would be considered a huge advantage and therefore illegal for game animals though.

Yeah SP! I want one too....
wink.gif

$bob$

FLIR SCION OTM 266 Boson 640 18mm lens handscanner with 24 degree by 18 degree FOV has finally shipped from FLIR in Oregon, so should have it soon, should be a winner.

Looking forward to this. Especially interested to see how this compares with the Trijicon SkeetIR X. Obviously I mean compared in terms of image quality. Clearly anything else wouldn't even be close.

Is it just me or has there not really been anything new in awhile? Well maybe new is not the best description. How about nothing exciting in a while? Seems like we've been waiting on a 640 version of Boson for what to me seems like 18 months??

Regards,

G.
Time Keeper

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Insomniac100Looking forward to this. Especially interested to see how this compares with the Trijicon SkeetIR X. Obviously I mean compared in terms of image quality. Clearly anything else wouldn't even be close.

Is it just me or has there not really been anything new in awhile? Well maybe new is not the best description. How about nothing exciting in a while? Seems like we've been waiting on a 640 version of Boson for what to me seems like 18 months??

Regards,

G.
Time Keeper

Feels like 2 years or more.
tongue.gif

Back