Lesson Learned

TXCOONDOG

Filled out paperwork, photos, etc, USPO money order and mailed 4-21-2018. Delivery confirmation (signed) recieved 4-25-2018.

Blew it off and decided to check with ATF today....no record so I called dealer and he did not recieve anything back from the AFT.

ATF is running down the signature and an internal person dedicated to investigating lost or missing paperwork will get back to me (no timeline)

In the mean time, I went to the post office and filled out the fraud claim form and had to pay 5.95 for them to investigate if the money order had been cashed or not. It will take up to 60days so I have to wait for that.

I may have to start all over if they don’t find the paperwork!
thumbdown.gif

In short, Don’t wait on calling to verify if they have your paperwork and it’s in thier system!

That sucks. I thought mine was bad. Paperwork, prints, photo and paid cash March 17. Checked with NFA to see where things were at Wednesday... They told me they received my info for processing June 26. Quite a delay somewhere, of course they blamed the dealer. Makes me wonder who should be responsible for delay.

I sent one in a couple months ago using a credit card. Hadn't seen the charge in 2 months, so I called the ATF. They said they didn't have it and I should resubmit. Went to the dealer and they said they would call. This was the day before thanksgiving. I checked my card Sunday night and they had charged my card, but post dated it to the week before.

I agree that a person should call and make sure it at least goes pending in a timely fashion.

Originally Posted By: pyscodogIt sucks when USPS looses your stuff then you have to pay them to look for it. Been there, done that.

How is it the USPS's fault that ATF lost the packet?

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on a refund from a screw up and I have been fighting for 3 years now.....

ZERO accountability at the BATF..

Originally Posted By: Walking ManOriginally Posted By: pyscodogIt sucks when USPS looses your stuff then you have to pay them to look for it. Been there, done that.

How is it the USPS's fault that ATF lost the packet?

It sounded to me like the PO lost the package. Maybe I read it wrong.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARThat's good news! But does your wait start now then? Or was the process started already?

IDK. They left a message, I’ve worked 40 hrs in the last three days and haven’t had time to call them back.

Talk to ATF this morning and my suppresser has been approved. They said the dealer should receive the paperwork within a few weeks.

Any recommendations on a cover (9.1” and a diameter of 1.58”)?

Originally Posted By: TXCOONDOGTalk to ATF this morning and my suppresser has been approved. They said the dealer should receive the paperwork within a few weeks.

Any recommendations on a cover (9.1” and a diameter of 1.58”)?

Contact Steven b at steven58@bellsouth.net

He has made 3 covers for my suppressors, great prices and he will also embroider them for you at an additional cost.

Much cheaper than any brand name one you buy.

Tell him the guy from Colorado sent you!

Thanks. I will drop Steven an email.

I bought a Master of Arms Ti gas block and it seized up from carbon. Got it free’d up but looking for a gas block that will not seize up or does that even exsist ?

Must fit under 1.5” MWI handgaurds
Will be used with and without a suppressor

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've been using Superlative Arms adj gas blocks and they will fit under 1.5" MWI hand guards. You shouldn't have any carbon seizing issues since the adjustment detents are on the outside but it's probably a good idea to rotate it forward and back again every few hundred rounds.
SA offers a nice 20% discount to LE and Military if that applies to you.

Let me tell you one. When, I mailed my Form 1 to ATF. I used a large 8 1/2 by 11 envelope.
Put my name and address in the top left corner and ATF's address in the middle of the envelop.
I mailed it at the Post Office and it showed up in my mailbox in 4 days.
I took it back to the Post Office and mailed it again. In 4 days it was back in my mailbox.
There was no writing on the envelope just a barcode label.
How screwed up is that?

I went to the Post Office website and created a Priority Label with tracking number.
I used a free Priority envelop and mail it. ATN got it in 4 days.

I did learn something, If you already have a tax stamp, put the information in with your new form.
I was told that it would help speed up your new tax stamp, by ATF and FBI Background check.

Back