Ruger precision rimfire.....

C.Jay

Picked one up last week, ran seven different loads through it and best group at 50 yards was just over 18".

My TacSol/KIDD 10/22 averaged about 1/2" to 3/4" with the same loads so it ain't me LOL.

Barrel is tight, action is tight, scope is torqued proper as are the rings. moved the scope to a known shooter and no issues.
Tried it with the can on and the can off. Will give Ruger a call tomorrow, may be something simple...….right.

Any of you guys that have them had problems, or have heard of problems?

Yup, 18".

Just got off the phone with my dealer (at home, he is a shooting buddy) and I am going down to the shop tomorrow and we are going to call Ruger to see what they say. He has one and it shoots really well. We'll see what they say.

18”? You must’ve gotten a bad one I’ve only shot cci standard velocity with mine and it’s consistently 3/4 in sometimes 1/2 at 50 yds

18 inches at fifty yards is actually kind of impressive. If I had to make a rifle shoot that bad, with nothing obvious to account for it, I'm not sure how I'd go about it.

Last edited:
Shipped it out to Ruger today, should have it back in a couple of weeks.
One thing to note, their call center had three choices:

"Press 1 for handgun service"
"Press 2 for rifle service"
"Press 3 for precision rimfire service"
w00t.gif

The service rep was cool and when I mentioned what rifle it was, she sighed and said "great, another one"
She was also the handgun service tech, said she only got called on that line about once every couple of months.

Originally Posted By: irright18 inches at fifty yards is actually kind of impressive. If I had to make a rifle shoot that bad, with nothing obvious to account for it, I'm not sure how I'd go about it.

This made me laugh!!!!!

thumbup.gif

I feel like that’s super uncommon for the Ruger Americans rifles. There’s always that one made on a Friday.. lol

Last edited:
I'm looking hard at the new 17 HMR that just hit the shelf. Dang sure don't need it and the bolts on the wrong side but no one can call me logical about rimfires.

Greg

Got it back today, they re-barreled it. Tried four loads before I ran out of time, it went from a 36 MOA gun (18" @ 50 yrds) to a 5 MOA gun (2.5" @ 50 yrds)

mad.gif

Got three loads left, will try tomorrow with them.
If no-joy, then it is off to the gun show to try to cut my losses.

With all of the bad reviews online, and my personal experience, I cannot recommend this rifle.
thumbdown.gif

I'll see if the LGS has any tomorrow.

Just tired of being a beta-tester for Ruger.....

May be back to "Revolvers only" for Ruger.

The CCI shot extremely well in my rifle. On a good day, it cut holes at 50yds. The reason I got rid of it was the stock. Just can't seem to get use to chassis stocks.

Back