Az couse

Well been a minute Sense I have posted one here but figure I would share my last two season of couse deer.

2017:
This was my first couse deer hunt as I just moved to Az in 2015. Through meeting a great friend on here I have learned a lot about the west and Arizona. I chose a unit that my buddy recommended with high draw odds and close to home.
Season starts out great with 3 bucks spotted in the first morning but no shot. My nuddy Gaga our thst morning on a different canyon. Day 2 yields nothing but javelinas. Day 3 evening hunt I spotted a decent couse deer bedded about 2pm. I set up the shot and let it fly. 180gr fusion knocked him down it was 550 yards ish... my range finder goes to 550 and it wouldn’t range it but darn close to 550. Used a custom ar 10 in 308 180gr federal fusion vortex diamondback hp. Deer was beded in the top ridge above the rock outcropping you can see it bedded in the pic under the tree which was taken 5 mins before the shot.

2018:
The second hunt a few weeks ago was in the same u it but was plagued with very windy rainy conditions. It was difficult to glass and the deer just weren’t moving. With my buddy we glassed about 25 does over 4 days but no bucks whatsoever. Finally on the final day I happened to spot this lil guy bedded down at 715am. 275 yards 20mph winds. Shot with a 178gr eldx nothingnto brag about but it was my last day of the hunt. Used a savage action custom build in 308 178gr eldx sig tango 6 and silencerco omega.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lockrotorCongrats, they sure are small.

And that's a Good thing when you gotta carry them out in THAT country!
wink.gif
lol.gif

Nice mount.
thumbup.gif

Regards,
hm

Congratulations I shot my first Coues deer in 2917 about the size of your 2017 buck. I have to say I'm hooked on hunting Coues deer. You can draw a tag every year just because most people won't hunt in such rugged terrain.

Back