Holster?

I wear a locking paddle holster or a shoulder holster if wearing waders(duck hunting) or pack with a waist belt.

I lost a handgun in a strap retaining leather holster during a bucking session on a horse I was trying out for the trapline.

To what use would this handgun be for? Long barrel hunting handgun? Dispatching wounded critters, incidental small game along the way? Self defense?

When we are contest hunting If we are in really rough and rugged country where the action can be CLOSE and fast I wear a pistol in a leg holster and have used it to kill a handful of coyotes that come in almost to close for a rifle. Most of our contest don't allow shotguns so we started carrying pistols and got to be pretty deadly with them. If we aren't contest hunting I dont wear one as I just bring a shot gun along. Also is nice when you walk up on what you thought was a dead coyote and it turns out hes just wounded.

For putting a down but not out critter out of its misery my most carried gun over the the years has been my S&W M63 .22LR. That has been mostly carried in an El Paso Saddlery Tortilla Pancake. Rides comfortably unnoticed until needed, gun is high and doesn't hit the ground when sitting and can be under a jacket out of the weather or brush.

A larger gun for hunting or defense gets packed in a chest rig. Not a shoulder holster, a chest rig. The Guides Choice by Diamond D Custom Leather works fantastic for my G20 10mm.

Paddle holster, I have 2........ Ozark holsters and they are top notch! Love his range holster design it retains my XD subcompact great!

GC, I like the looks of that guides choice. For dispatching I carry a 22lr in a walther p-22 or a browning buckmark micro bull 4". If i'm in an area with stuff that can eat you I carry a ruger super redhawk Alaskan 44mag or a 45 auto with 200gr jhp +p loads

There are several outfits that make chest rigs. As I noted Diamond D Leather, Gunfighters Inc, El Paso Saddlery and Man Gear Alaska all offer good designs in that genre. And that genre holster has much to offer.

Back