ATN?

The Buckhunter is a daytime only scope. It does not have night vision capability. The 4k can do both day and night.

Basically it's just a daytime scope that has a choice of reticles and colors, onboard rechargeable battery and video capability. There may be some other features as well but it does not have night vision mode. Seems to me a guy is better off to spend a little bit more for the 4k. That way he can hunt day or night.

Tonight I looked through my new 4k 3-14x model using a Ludicrous Lumens TR38 illuminator and am very pleased with the bright and clear view out to 100 yards in the woods. I haven't tried it any further than that, but at 100 yards it is pretty nice.

6mm have you tried the lense cover with a hole in it trick yet? I saw a video posted on youtube the other day where a guy did it and was flipping it open and shut and it made a huge difference. I'm going to order a butler creek cap to fit my 4k and do it. I've noticed that mine starts to get pretty blurry if I zoom in after the sun starts climbing up.

that is the video I'm talking about. Theres a couple others that have about the same results, but I like this one because the guy is testing it out to 300 yards.

Andy, I have only hunted with the 4k one time, last night. The night view seems to be too white or essentially foggy with little contrast. I couldn't seem to adjust it any better. Maybe the lens cap deal might help?? I like the scope otherwise.

UPDATE: Tonight I played around some more with the 4k and the TR-38 illuminator. Distances varried from about 40 yards to maybe 70. It looked pretty good, better than last night. Maybe my sleepy eyes were to blame. Time will tell.

Back