Coyotes like my decoy. who knew.

photohunter

I got this thing for bobcats. Mojo Critter 2. Haven't called a bobcat to it yet, but the coyotes seem to love it. Woodpecker distress and this spinning thingy, and they come running. Just thought I'd share the pic...

45433775785_b5abce4398_c.jpg

Thanks. Yeah I'm really looking forward to bobcat action. I see one every time, but it always winds up being a pile of sticks. Haha. Here's another cool one of a coyote. I crop the decoy out of my pics, but I figured you guys would appreciate seeing it in action.

32474839118_5403f0cbac_c.jpg

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotgreat pictures. how long did that coyote stick around?

That was a crazy one. I had the call in front of me about 30 yards, in front of that brush, hoping a bobcat would use the cover to get up close... no joke, at the TWO minute mark two coyotes came running in across the open field from my left. I only saw the lead one, and waited till he was further in front of me to move... pulled the camera up knowing he’d see it, he put on the brakes, I started shooting pics... he looked at me, looked back at the decoy, and ran further towards the decoy... then made a u-turn and bolted back the way he came, I was shooting pics of him running when he crossed behind the second one, standing maybe 20 yards to my left, looking at me. So I took some pics of him while he did basically the same thing. Then they both run off back to my left and disappear... 5 minutes later a huge group of turkeys came marching down towards the decoy/call. Maybe 25 of them. As I’m watching them, this coyote appears out of the brush behind the call...that’s when I got these pics. It must have circled around behind the call to my left. Checked it out, maybe 2 minutes up close to it, then crosses behind all the turkeys on its way back to the left. It stopped and stared at some turkeys for a while...I thought I was going to get a hunt on camera, but it finally lost interest and left them alone. I have some cool pics of it staring down some turkeys, I need to stick them on Flickr. I was super surprised it came back.

Originally Posted By: DesertRamBetween you, Bob, and DAA, I'm getting a major coyote picture fix! Thanks.

Missed this, thanks. I have some more good ones I’ll post up soon...

Awesome photos. I’ve had a coyote come running to the mojo critter before I could get set up and turn the call on 😀

Back