Flir Breach Thermal Monocular for scanning

Skypup ship me yours and let me try one out before I buy!. Ha!
Seriously I had a PS32. How does the Breach compare to the 32 and 64 Flirs??

Basically it is almost as good as the LS-64 is except that FOV is smaller for same size lens, it is an incredible scanner, the Boson core and image processing chip are first class for the price.

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Anyone tried one yet?

Yes Sir. Been working with the Breach since early last year. Got our first shipment in a few weeks ago and sold out in about an hour. As Skypup mentioned, it's about the best and most versatile system out there.

Helmet mounting is now a cinch for those who need that option with a single dovetail mount....OR with the new RQE bridge systems, using a PVS-14 on one slot and the Breach on the other is also pretty easy to accomplish.

Once again though we do NOT advocate using thermal to navigate, nor will it "fuse" two devices together. i.e. thermal and I^2 NV.
https://tnvc.com/shop/flir-breach-ptq136/
https://tnvc.com/shop/rqe-universal-bridge/

Helmet_Mnt_SL4-472512.jpg

20180221_143235_resized-459940.jpg

Bridge_dual-468282.jpg

Bridge_f1_dual-468260.jpg

FLIR_Thermal_Comparison-2-460207.jpg

It certainly is an incredible piece of kit for LE and hunters alike, much lighter and way less expensive than my M-24s. But I won’t be getting rid of my M-24s, the Breach is ancillary to them....

M24%20Team%20Wendy.jpg

Q14%20Gun%20Knife.jpg

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51What’s the human detection range of the breach?

Dot size heat detection out to 400 yards. It's a 1x lens. See our chart above what to expect at 200 yards.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: crowkiller51Is the Breach Compatible with the Owl Pan head?

The BREACH (along with the PTS223, 536 and 736) do have Bluetooth capability with an APP that will allow remote control for palettes, contrasts, white hot/black etc and ballistic (that will be included on the next app version). But it does not have video streaming so you cannot perform the wireless video. You could run a laptop with a cable to the unit to watch the video, but not remotely.

The 1.0.20 version has some ballistic app functions.
App looks decent at best. No information on how to work it though.
PTS233
LxxrHcR.png

4rKyPEX.png

eY6phSZ.png

IGF8g16.png

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: NonnieselmanThe 1.0.20 version has some ballistic app functions.
Can you please tell me where to get that app (for Android)? What's its name in the store?

Originally Posted By: JoghurtOriginally Posted By: NonnieselmanThe 1.0.20 version has some ballistic app functions.
Can you please tell me where to get that app (for Android)? What's its name in the store?

Jog, the app is named FLIR OTS. Not sure if its compatible with android or not though. Its cool it has bluetooth and all but I don't really see any uses for while in the field I am not gonna be using my phone while on stand.

The buttons on the Flir PTS scope are hard to push and very small. Impossible to operate with gloves. The app is good for bore sight adjustments and sight picture tweaking.

Back