My new CZ 527 17 Hornet with factory threaded barrel. (Pictures)

17 Hornet

So I ordered a new CZ 527 in 17 Hornet last week and got it in at the local gun store.
The Scope and rings will be in this coming week, So stay tuned as I post pictures of it once I install them.
I brought it home and installed on the threaded barrel an adaptor (from CNCWARRIOR) to convert the 15mm factory threading to 5/8 inch the same as my Silencerco Hybrid suppressor.
I also installed for photos only, a Bipod because I shoot from a rest and sand bags.
Silly impatient me took the gun outside and fired a few rounds off with no sights just to hear the suppressors muffled effect results and the noise was like that of a non suppressed 22LR.
Here are the photos, I hope you enjoy.

From Right to left: 17 Hornet, 17 WSM, 17 HMR

Looks like you are well on your way to enjoying what is one of the funnest little guns I've ever owned.

I have a pair of CZ 527 Varmint 17 Hornets I shoot suppressed. You just kinda giggle every time you pull the trigger because they are so darn quiet. The 17 Hornet is a really fun little gun to shoot, everybody should own at least one, if not two.
thumbup1.gif

Aha! A new .17 Hornet CZ 527 victim! You are doomed!

Congratulations!

Just over a year ago when I got mine. Suddenly it became my most favorite small critter rifle ever. 10-12 grains of powder and the 20 grain Vmax will just send ground squirrels into orbit. While it will not provide the toss that my .17 Remington will it is still very impressive. Most impressive even.

Even though I have a suppressor I have yet to thread the barrel of my rifle for it. It just does not seem to make enough noise to bother with it. I sure am looking forward to springtime so I can start putting it to use once again.

Originally Posted By: greengt88Now you need a Fireball

Ha! Now you're talkin'! It took me about 15 years to do it but I finally wore out the barrel on my CZ 527 Furball last year. Sent the barreled action to ER Shaw and had them screw one of their varmint weight barrels on. Kept it in .221 of course. Between the .17 Hornet and the .221 I am set for ground squirrels and even most prairie dogs.

Originally Posted By: yotebuster10Curious on how the Hybrid sounds on that little bugger..Is that factory from cz or did you have it threaded

Sorry that I took so long to check back in here, I had log in problems.
It sounds like a little louder than a 22LR.
The gun is factory thereaded by CZ. The thread adaptor (CNC Warrior) is what you see on the barrel.
The stock threading is 15mm and the adaptor takes changes it over to 5/8 thread to fit my Hybrid.

Not to resurrect an old thread but I’m really curious about factory threaded CZ 527’s. The only I’ve seen is 6.5 Grendel. Were or are they a limited run for a distributor?

Back