Cool Lynx Rabbit chase filmed

Pretty cool stuff. I was in Kansas last week calling and we were traveling down a county gravel road on the way to a stand and a bunny came blasting out of a cedar patch beside the road with a half grown bobcat about 5 feet behind it. The bunny went on across the road and the cat broke off the chase and back in the cedars it went. Fun to see that one.

Great video; thanks for sharing.

A couple of years ago, we set up looking west down two senderos cut through a heavy strip of brush that dead ended at a north south ranch road. The senderos were separated only by a wedge shaped block of that same heavy brush. The north-south roadway was bounded on the east by a hog wire fence around an oilfield pipeline terminal set into the brush, which served to break up our silhouette.

I placed the Foxpro and JIB decoy about 50 yards down my East-West sendero, my partner sat 20 ft. to my left looking down the other sendero. Shortly after starting to call, a very large bobcat ran northward across my sendero, directly to the decoy and started sniffing the coon tail topper. As the topper “stroked” his head, he turned his head and rubbed up against the decoy, just muck like domestic cats do when they are being petted! He stood there for a full minute, seemingly enjoying himself, as I sat there chastising myself for forgetting the camera. Then wandered into the thick brush separating our two senderos.

Less than a minute later, my partner heard the brush snapping and a cottontail rabbit sped out of the brush directly toward him with the cat hot on his heels. I heard the cat’s paws on the roadway and turned far enough to see a brown blur out of the corner of my eye as he ran across the road toward my buddy.
He said the rabbit ran past him within 2’ on one side and the bobcat passed within 2’ on the other. Neither seemed aware of his presence, nor did they slow down as they ran through the hog wire fence which he was leaning against.

46333013641_6e4df09d21_z.jpg

Love to watch cats, they are a hoot!

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
Back