All I want for Christmas is....video added finally!

DoubleUp

We called a new place tonight. First setup heard some well back from us, so we moved several hundred yards closer to them. We were hunting on timber type roads with my hunting partner watching two and I was watching two.

I finally called a big male out to him. He forgot to load his rifle, but the coyote stayed in the road long enough for him to chamber a round, which is always fun with an AR, and make a nice kill shot at about 115 yds. I'll get his video tomorrow, but here is picture of the big male.

IMG_0442 by Double Up, on Flickr

Here is the video I was finally able to get off my buddy's Trail XQ50.

Good job i see you guys are still rocking it. I have done the same thing i was just glad it was dark and i was alone so nobody witnessed it.

Last edited:
Good one! It's not too bad when he remembers to load his rifle, but that's not as bad as one time we got out to walk to our stand and he realized he had completely forgotten his rifle. He was a good sport though and went on anyway. I felt bad for him, but not for long.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: DoubleUpGood one! It's not too bad when he remembers to load his rifle, but that's not as bad as one time we got out to walk to our stand and he realized he had completely forgotten his rifle. He was a good sport though and went on anyway. I felt bad for him, but not for long.
smile.gif

Now that one is hard to overlook!

Video added today at the top or here!

Here is the video I was finally able to get off my buddy's Trail XQ50.

Last edited:
Thanks for the video. I will take some of that luck of being able to cycle the AR bolt while the coyote is in range and still get the shot. Your buddy is living right.

It all came together in the end and your buddy redeemed himself. I like to see them drop on the spot like that. Good job.

The coyote was about 115 yds. from him so that probably helped somewhat. So far he has really been disappointed in his Trail XQ50 as far as clarity. He compares it to my Apex XQ50 and the Apex is just way better. Even in recordings with me having to use the mini dvr, the Apex is clearly superior and what I see through the scope is much better than what the dvr shows. Recordings on the Trail look about like what you see through the scope. He is being sent an RA to send the scope back, but is off until after Jan. 1 and doesn't want to send it in until he has to go back to work.

Like he told me though, if I didn't have the Apex to compare it to, he would not have known what it should be like. I have been thinking seriously of a Trail with the LRF, but unless his next one sees at least as good as my Apex that won't happen.

Its starting to seem like to me there can be some differences in image quality between the same series of scopes. I have an almost 3 year old xp50 that is as good as my trijicons. I also see slight differences between my 3 trijicons. I think quality control is difficult in the industry. Wish I knew more about the production process

Last edited:
My hunting buddy is sending his Trail XQ50 back next Tuesday when he gets back to work. I'm going to be very interested in looking through his new scope when it comes to compare to my Apex.

Originally Posted By: DoubleUp I'm going to be very interested in looking through his new scope when it comes to compare to my Apex.
Me too, DoubleUp. It will be interesting to hear if there is a noticeable difference between the old and new scope, AND the difference between the new Trail and your Apex.

Back