Sitgo?? Night hunting stool?

johncraddock445

I have some serious issue's with my feet. Long night's of standing behind my tripod scanning are starting to become unbearable. Years of toting heavy rucksack's and gear has caught up with me. I just ordered a SitGo monopod stool to see if I could make it work. I already have a 24" WalkStool and it just doesn't cut it. It sits too low and its impossible to turn and scan behind you. I was curious as to what you have have came up with? Surely im not the only one here with damaged rock kickers...

I've said this in posts before. I use a Shappell chair. MY criteria for a chair was, it had to get me at least 12-15" above the ground, it had to be lightweight and fold-able, and it had to swivel. While not super heavy duty, the Shappel hunting chair works for my 5'6" 130# butt. I've got a LOT more than damaged rock kickers. I've got damaged everything.

Last edited:
Like the looks of that chair, but shipping is almost as much as the chair. For those of you using one, is it worth it?

nr123, I put a 5/16" bolt in mine to replace the 1/4" that holds the two pieces together to rotate. I also put two lock nuts to keep it from working loose over time. That made it more substantial for me at over 200 lbs. I also put release straps on both the top and bottom sections to hold it secure while toting, and I attached a carrying strap so I can sling it over my shoulder. Plus, almost forgot I replaced the material that goes between the two rotating pieces with some heavier plastic, Teflon would be great, but I didn't have any the right thickness on hand.

I don't know if perhaps you can find it with cheaper shipping, but the chair was originally $49, so at $19, it's a bargain.

Thanks DoubleUp, that's exactly the info I needed. Course I have three chairs now, but a swivel chair would be handy. I usually have to add a shoulder strap, or longer one, and other items as needed. If it works, it's a bargain, even with the shipping. Think I'll order one before they go back to retail.

Back