Flir PTS233

Cycle-N-Squeeze

Placed an order with Kevin over at High tech rednecks and had it in my hands in two days! Haven't took it out predator hunting yet but have went in the backyard and toyed around with it look at some deer etc. While this is my first unit I must say I am very impressed with it so far. Got it all updated now I just have to learn to use it. Any one know how to work with pair the bluetooth? Gonna go sight it in tomorrow. And possibly take it out for a night hunt tomorrow night....we shall see.

IMG_1570 by FP M, on Flickr

Last edited:

Thanks for the review. What do you think overall of the clarity / focus? The distances of 25 and 50 yards on base mag seemed pretty clear but maybe a little less so at 100, or maybe my eyes aren't seeing it well enough. I know the PS 233 has a fixed focus and just wondering what you think at this point.

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Thanks for the review. What do you think overall of the clarity / focus? The distances of 25 and 50 yards on base mag seemed pretty clear but maybe a little less so at 100, or maybe my eyes aren't seeing it well enough. I know the PS 233 has a fixed focus and just wondering what you think at this point.

I love it so far clarity wise 4x (6.5x) does get grainy at distance but IMHO does not matter for my purposes. With that said I grouped pretty well at 1.5x @100 and feel more then comfortable taking a shot at that magnification at 100 yds. Although the PTS does not have focus you can adjust dopiter. Here is a picture of my intail zero at 100 yds the top 3 shot cluster and the portion in the cardboard are at 1.5x, the bottom 3 shot group is at 6.5x. My total adjustments out of box were 8 windage and 2 elevation. I may try and get out tonight.
BB02290F-8320-4257-A22A-72B90B7F6A24 by FP M, on Flickr

Last edited:
Back