New from Pulsar!

Originally Posted By: BocephussWhats the reason behind companies not going better than 640x480?

Costs primary driver and also restricted in some instances to Mil, etc.

Gotcha. I figured screen resolution would have been one the the cheapest things to upgrade just with the advancement in those technologies like TV's, etc.... But if they aren't allowed to be better than mil spec......that makes sense. Or we need to upgrade our troops. haha.

Thanks for the info.

Bwhahahahaha. Freaking Amazing!!!!

On another note, Hey, did anyone notice, Trijicon changed their battery compartment from horizontal to vertical??? That should be a huge hit at shot show!!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 6mm06
And the times, they are a changin'. Nice looking scope. Very interesting. one thing that excites me is as newer and newer units come out, the price on the older units drops. Gives me a chance to upgrade.

Hmmmm.....not many specs or details but I like the looks... I'm afraid to even guess what the price is. Looks like there's several different models.

Last edited:
Yeah but what's the base magnification? That's always been Pulsars weak spot and it's not mentioned. Prolly 1.6 again...

I am expecting a call from them asking me to be a tester. I will have to give it plenty of thought. That's a plenty, I accept.

Originally Posted By: capitolYeah but what's the base magnification? That's always been Pulsars weak spot and it's not mentioned. Prolly 1.6 again...
Whats wrong with 1.6x base?
mellow.gif

Pip?

Last edited:
I would think 1800 meter detection range would be a pretty good base magnification. Batteries might be in the tube itself and maybe they are testing their 12 micron core with the 320x240, then the 12 640 will be next.

Originally Posted By: rustybucketI would think 1800 meter detection range would be a pretty good base magnification. Batteries might be in the tube itself and maybe they are testing their 12 micron core with the 320x240, then the 12 640 will be next. i could be wrong but the detection range should correlate with the size of the objective lens more so than the power.

Originally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: capitolYeah but what's the base magnification? That's always been Pulsars weak spot and it's not mentioned. Prolly 1.6 again...
mellow.gif

Pip?

The first big problem is getting a positive id on critters at a decent distance say 200 yards and forget about 300 plus yards.

Next problem is if you want to increase your power say to 3.2 mag you lose half your display resolution. By the time you get to 6.4 mag your display looks like s#@t

So if going to 3.2 mag on your Trail XP50 gets you a 380 image then the question would be why not save all that money and get the Pulsar XQ50 with a base of 2.7 and the same image resolution as the XP50.

Look at all the Trijicons base magnifications. They all start at 2.5 and up.

Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: capitolYeah but what's the base magnification? That's always been Pulsars weak spot and it's not mentioned. Prolly 1.6 again...
mellow.gif

Pip?

The first big problem is getting a positive id on critters at a decent distance say 200 yards and forget about 300 plus yards.

Next problem is if you want to increase your power say to 3.2 mag you lose half your display resolution. By the time you get to 6.4 mag your display looks like s#@t

So if going to 3.2 mag on your Trail XP50 gets you a 380 image then the question would be why not save all that money and get the Pulsar XQ50 with a base of 2.7 and the same image resolution as the XP50.

Look at all the Trijicons base magnifications. They all start at 2.5 and up. wrong. Trijicon makes a 1.5x....soo....different strokes for different folks

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: capitolOriginally Posted By: varminter .223Originally Posted By: capitolYeah but what's the base magnification? That's always been Pulsars weak spot and it's not mentioned. Prolly 1.6 again...
mellow.gif

Pip?

Look at all the Trijicons base magnifications. They all start at 2.5 and up.
I would disagree with all of this. 1.6 power seems to be ideal when you have pip. I have no problem iding out to 300 yards. With 1.6 power you have the big field of view lots of clarity and the pip to shoot with. What I would rather not have is a small field of view.

Last edited:
Back