Leads on a bushmaster 450/Remington R25 stock?

Dultimatpredator

I've been trying to find the fixed black stock offered by bushmaster it's the fixed skeletonized stock with the long cheek weld. I called bushmaster and they don't sell it by o
Itself for some reason and only on the firearm complete. Can't find any listings on line for it anywhere.

Option 2, an A2 stock that comes w/o a buffer kit. Seems like everyone sells it with a buffer kit for some reason.

My hearts set on the bushmaster stock. Any ideas where I can get one?

This one....

http://imgur.com/5R2tiFJ]
5R2tiFJ.jpg
[/URL][/img]

They must make it in house. It comes on... Or did, the Remington R25's as well. It has a cheek weld like my magpul STR but in a long fixed stock.

Last edited:
I called bushmaster again. I was told that stock I've seen in pics on their rifles since 2014 was only a year old? I was told to check back around shot show time to see if they might release them to the public. Kinda rediculous, if someone is offering you Money take it. Btw it's called a 16" version features a B5 Sopmod stock. Not giving up yet...like an annoying fly I'll keep buzzing in their ears.

Last edited:
Thanks Wilie, saw those too...think their ugly. Three calls, and the third rep is trying to make things happen. No promises but we will see. Guess I'll see how expensive it is shortly if they decide to sell it to me.

After a bunch of calls and BSing they were nice enough to let me order one screw $5, a bolt to hold it to the buffer tube $5, butt pad $19, the hollow stock $11.99, and $9 to ship. Came to around $53 all together. I was told the stock wasn't available and maybe they will be back in production come spring but couldn't give me an exact date. I pre paid for it last Friday and figured when I get it, I get it, and would order a Pmag fixed rifle stock in the mean time. I received the two screws and bolts today in the mail so I called Remington who billed me for them...after I ordere them from bushmaster. I was told the stock and butt pad are going to be shipped next week. I got a feeling the stock is comming camoed instead of black. If it dose I'll call and reorder a black one since they are only $12 and have one to use in the meantime. Sospose I can try and strip the camo or paint it black to match my rifle.

Last edited:
Yeah, saw those. Good cheek weld but don't like the looks of them. I could buy three of the bushmaster stocks for the price of one RRA. I would buy a Pmag fixed rifle stock first.

Last edited:
Showed today! Remington didn't ship the correct screws to install it through. I'll give them a call tomorrow.

umwGPxV.jpg

w9DBxox.jpg

99% of the battle is done...just down to screws to hold it in place and my timney trigger to show.

Last edited:
Apparently the stock is discontinued and the bottom screw is no longer available along with the rest of the setup I received. I bought a couple of fifteen cent screws from the hardware store that had the same thread diameter but the heads were smaller. Since the bottom screw Remington sent me was way too big in diameter and basically useless I experimented with my tap and die set. I ran it though two different taps and down sized it to 5mmx80. It was still too big to start in the hole so I ran about the first 1/4" to 1/2" through a smaller die to bevel down the tip of the screw to get it to start in the hole. I then worked the screw into the stock a 1/4" at a time and backed it out to clean the plastic build up off the threads. It's mounted up with an excellent tight fit and it's good to go.

The screw before I tapped it.

9cTQZCn.jpg

And after, not the greatest tap job but it worked so I could use it with the big screw head. The head got dinged up while held in my vise while tapping it but you'll never see it now that's it's burried in my stock.

93O11CP.jpg

Pushing them through the butt pad with a little dish washing liquid made me nervous but it all worked out in the end.

The stock has an excellent cheek weld almost as wide as my magpul STR stock. To bad they discontinued it. It's probably the widest cheeck weld on a full length fixed stock out there.

Here it is next to my STR for comparison...

wHjkXcz.jpg

Last edited:
Back