Will removing my birdcage and adding a thread protector tighten my groups?

Because if you watched the video I linked the shooter had different sized groups every time switched from a brake, a bird cage, and then a thread protector. He groups got smaller with each he tried. So I was not thinking of the harmonics and barrel vibrations with the different weights of the the brakes and cages he added and thought more of the way the gas was being dispersed upsetting the flight of the bullet...like shotgun choke tubes queezing the wad... If that makes sense. If not you can have something fun to talk about to make yourselves feel intelligent and run me down for asking a question on something because I didn't understand. Thought that's what a forum was for? Remember guys to belittle is to be little I always say.

Last edited:
I would pick an effective brake (or suppressor, preferably) and work up a load that shoots with that device....not try to roll the muzzle device dice.

Last edited:
Thread protector showed the other day. It looks a lot nicer than the birdcage...

bKKQdMU.jpg

6cXmjNw.jpg

hkIu83X.jpg

I'm sure it's not going to help or hinder accuracy but after hunting the winter before last with my P415's pinned in Muzzel brake and having my ear bleed because I didn't have my razors on I will take the little amount of recoil my heavy ar10 will give me and save what hearing I don't have left.

Last edited:
Back