ATN battery pack woes.......please help!

Bowhunt

My buddy bought an ATN Thor HD 5-50. He purchased the ATN extended battery pack with includes a stock pouch for the battery (power bank), a 20,000 mah battery, and all the necessary cables. The battery is a MI 20,000 mah from china, made by Xiaomi or something like that (I don't have it in front of me at the moment). There is a small button on the side of the power bank. I know this button allows you to see charge level and also to switch to a low output charge for smaller devices. The problem is that, with everything hooked up correctly, the sight will not turn on. I have got it to turn on a few times and it turned itself off after a minute or two.

I saw some vids on the older X sights where you needed to select the "extended battery pack" option in the menu, but I don't see anything like that in this Thor HD. It works just fine with AA batteries but I can't get this battery pack to work. Anyone have an idea of what I am doing wrong?

Originally Posted By: willy1947

Give ATN a call. My ATN battery pack works fine.

I did and my first attempt was a bit frustrating. Do you have the 20,000 mah one that I am referring to?

I have this set up and i had the same exact problem with mine. Mine ended up being a bad/loose cable. I switched to a regular cell phone cable and that fixed it. So i called atn and they sent me a new cable for free. Sadly I've had 2 more go bad since then so now i just went back to cell phone charging cables.
The way i figured out that mine was a bad cable was, i sat it on the kitchen table and plugged everything in good and tight and finally got it to turn on. I left it sitting there with out touching it for 30 minutes and it stayed on. As soon as i barely touched the cord where it hooks into the unit it shut off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cowboy43I have this set up and i had the same exact problem with mine. Mine ended up being a bad/loose cable. I switched to a regular cell phone cable and that fixed it. So i called atn and they sent me a new cable for free. Sadly I've had 2 more go bad since then so now i just went back to cell phone charging cables.
The way i figured out that mine was a bad cable was, i sat it on the kitchen table and plugged everything in good and tight and finally got it to turn on. I left it sitting there with out touching it for 30 minutes and it stayed on. As soon as i barely touched the cord where it hooks into the unit it shut off.
That's awesome! Thanks so much! I will definitely try that.

I run a power pack with my Thor and I know that if I don't power the scope up within 15 seconds of pushing the button on the power pack, the scope won't power up. I use a couple different branded power packs and both do the same thing. If you don't power it up within 15 seconds of either plugging in the cord or pushing the button it won't power up. All I have to do is simply press the button on the power pack again and power the scope up immediately and it works fine.

Originally Posted By: LittleAndyI run a power pack with my Thor and I know that if I don't power the scope up within 15 seconds of pushing the button on the power pack, the scope won't power up. I use a couple different branded power packs and both do the same thing. If you don't power it up within 15 seconds of either plugging in the cord or pushing the button it won't power up. All I have to do is simply press the button on the power pack again and power the scope up immediately and it works fine.

That was one of my questions. All the instructions are in chinese. I was under the impression that there was constant power and that all you had to do was plug something into it. I thought the button was just for checking charge level of the power bank and for switching charging modes. You have to turn the power bank on first?

Originally Posted By: BowhuntOriginally Posted By: LittleAndyI run a power pack with my Thor and I know that if I don't power the scope up within 15 seconds of pushing the button on the power pack, the scope won't power up. I use a couple different branded power packs and both do the same thing. If you don't power it up within 15 seconds of either plugging in the cord or pushing the button it won't power up. All I have to do is simply press the button on the power pack again and power the scope up immediately and it works fine.

That was one of my questions. All the instructions are in chinese. I was under the impression that there was constant power and that all you had to do was plug something into it. I thought the button was just for checking charge level of the power bank and for switching charging modes. You have to turn the power bank on first? i think it depends on what u are pluggin in. When i have used that battery and cord to charge my cell phone while out in the field away from the truck, all i have to do is plug it in and the phone recognizes it and starts charging. But when i use it for the atn thermal i must press the button for it to recoginze it.

Back