Can you top load sa CZs or Savages

I have a very screwed up hand, much easier to hold rifle than mag.Trust me I know what is easier,I have lived with it for 65 yrs.

The CZ is a single stack and the action on the 527 is small. I think trying to top load will be near impossible. The follower B23 mention would be the best option.

A large part of the attraction to the CZ is the detachable mag. I would think that if I were intent on top loading, I would get a 700 BDL...nice, large port and designed to top load.

I'm not sure that it isn't easier to load the Savage from top than to load magazine and then get it latched in place.
When I first got my Scout, I managed to dump a loaded magazine in in the sand that I thought was locked in place but it wasn't and you cannot disassemble the magazines to clean them. Talk about a pain!

The Savage magazines are inserted backwards to the M14/M1A in that the M14 is inserted front end up and rocked (pivoted) to the rear to catch the rear latch (which is larger and more positive than the Savage and the Savage latch is to the front), if that makes sense.

Regards,
hm

To me that’s one of the few shining stars that the Savage has. With the cheap sheet metal mags, all you have to do is just set the cartridge right on top and push it straight down. The feed lips have enough spring to them to do this and they pop right in.

Back