Ohio Roll Call

I'm in Harrison County. I haven't made any attempts at the yotes yet but from what I've been seeing during bow season I'm pumped! I just got a Night Eyes combo scanning headlamp and gun mounted red LED light. I'll keep you guys posted. Also my local sportsman's club here in the small town of Scio, Oh has been kicking around the idea of having a coyote contest sometime in late Jan or Feb. More details to come once it's finalized.

If you're looking into thermals or NV I'd say pulsar is a pretty good bang for your buck. The ATN ones are cool but they just aren't very reliable. I had one and sold it to help get me to a pulsar. I'm glad I did that. Some of the cheaper digital night vision scopes work pretty well if you use a good IR illuminator.

Of course using red or green lights are going to be a lot cheaper than thermal or NV. And they work pretty well too. (Thermal is definitely better than lights) Look At wicked lights or coyote lights. They make pretty good lights. I just started selling some of my own lights too huntlights.com. Whatever route you chose night hunting is a blast either way.

Columbiana County here, doing ok. Killed one coyote so far this year. Starting to fox hunt now that season is in, been seeing a lot of Reds over my way.

Back