Lucky Duck Revolt Remote

Pursuer

I bought a revolt last month from Rick at Verminators; very pleased with the call and all of its functions. Vocals are very clear and this call is loud! Sound library in general is outstanding. The scan feature is handy and the motor is whisper quiet. I do like that it has a built in decoy with different speeds. Rick is a super nice guy and even called me up and answered all my questions after dropping him a line on his website, couldn’t be more happy with the customer service. After using it a few times during night hunting it seems I have a few issues with the remote. Is there a way to turn down the brightness on the screen? After switching it to the night theme it still a little to bright for me. Or have any of you put any sort of transparent material over it with any luck? Also the buttons aren’t lighted, any remedy available? Thought about using a mini chem light. All in all I think it’s a wonderful product and have even managed to kill a few coyotes with it last week. Thanks for any help.

You have the 3 scan buttons on the side of the remote for the decoy. Press and hold one at a time, each one has a different display mode for lighting.

I don't think he is having a problem changing to the different display modes...what he is saying is that even in the "night time" mode the display is still fairly bright.

I agree that it is still fairly bright and would also like to be able to make it dimmer and I agree about the buttons not being lit.
To the original poster, you definitely cannot use gloves when operating the remote and the buttons are close enough together that it really takes some "feel" to be sure your on the right button...especially when your fingers start getting cold. My first time out with mine just a week ago was a learning curve on "feeling" the buttons...been out a couple of more times now and getting used to it. Put a handwarmer in your pocket and learn the buttons is all I can tell you. The remote display light does go out after a brief period of time...for instance, when you select a sound and have it running for awhile, the display light will go off. Just tap a button and it will come back on...at least this is what mine does...nothing in the instructions about it doing this...just figured it out on my own. I do really like the caller and the sounds and as you said, Rick was super to talk to and discuss things.

Gene

Originally Posted By: G AndersonI don't think he is having a problem changing to the different display modes...what he is saying is that even in the "night time" mode the display is still fairly bright.

This is correct, I do agree that I need to familiarize myself with remote more. I’ll give your suggestions a try. Thanks again

Originally Posted By: Mr. PoppadopalisPut a strip of red or amber plastic tail light tape over it.

Now that’s a good idea. I was thinking some red film would work but I like your idea better.

What’s the remote range like on these units?

I’m having issues with my foxpro and looking to order one

Thanks

Originally Posted By: milsy12What’s the remote range like on these units?

Thanks

LD remote range is so much better than FP that FP ought to be embarrassed. Not even a comparison.

Originally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: milsy12What’s the remote range like on these units?

Thanks

LD remote range is so much better than FP that FP ought to be embarrassed. Not even a comparison.

that depends on which model FoxPro call is being compared.

some of the older fp remotes had terrible range. you couldnt pay me to own or use one of the earlier ones. the newer callers that use tx1000 remotes are very good for range. the lesser expensive inferno is good also. surprisingly good.

the FoxPro reps seem to have exited stage left on pred masters. dont know what made that happen.

I have a Fusion with the TX1000, range is fine. The FoxPro reps have exited stage left because the other call makers have upped their game. There are a number of good e-callers on the market now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Uncle JimboOriginally Posted By: milsy12What’s the remote range like on these units?

Thanks

that depends on which model FoxPro call is being compared.

some of the older fp remotes had terrible range. you couldnt pay me to own or use one of the earlier ones. the newer callers that use tx1000 remotes are very good for range. the lesser expensive inferno is good also. surprisingly good.

the FoxPro reps seem to have exited stage left on pred masters. dont know what made that happen.

I’m comparing the Revolt to my CS24c with TX1000 remote. The range of the LD is incredible. With that said, there are features of the FP remote I prefer over the LD, just not the range.

I’m a FP owner and am hoping LD entering the e-caller market will spur more innovation from all companies, including FP. Competition in the marketplace benefits the consumer.

I ordered a lucky duck revolt, just waiting for it to arrive!

I was comparing it to the foxpro hellfire. Foxpro is supposed to be sending me a new micro sd sound card to hopefully fix the issues with my unit listed on another thread.

I'm excited to try the LD out, all reports sound good so far that I have seen......

I too am looking at pulling the trigger on the Lucky Duck caller. Everything I've read and videos I've seen look promising as I need volume due to windy conditions out here in dry land wheat country where you can easily see coyotes out over 1 mile away, just got to be able to get their attention.

Might want to wait & see if the FP XWave comes out soon. I'd wait till after the SHOT show. Read a teaser on it a few posts down.

Someone asked about the buttons not being lit. I have seen where someone, and I have now as well, used green glow paint on the buttons. Not super bright but glows just enough to help find them on dark nights

Back