Ar15 scope for calling have longer shots at some closer ones?

zr600

Looking for a better scope for my calling ar it used at nite over a full moon also with snow. So an illuminated reticle is a must. Would like a finer reticle something in the the 2-3 low end power and 12-16 lower power range price range around $1000. Would proably get used for prairie dogs in the summer too.

You are asking a lot from a single scope.

Be sure that the lit reticle doesn't over power you image at night, it needs to turn down really low.

Personally I'd look for a lower power 1-6, 1.5-6, or 2-7 with an Ill dot($400-$600) and then find something like a Weaver V-16 or V-24($400) to put on in the summer for PD's.

Just a thought.

Good luck and good hunting

How about one of these Meopta?

MeoStar R2 1.7-10x42 RD - BDC 3 Illuminated Reticle reduced from $1479.95 to only $999.99

MeoStar R2 1.7-10x42 RD - BDC 2 Illuminated Reticle reduced from $1479.95 to only $999.99

Don’t know nothing about them how’s the glass on them? Do they have an illuminated reticle that is a must for the use.

Last edited:
With the illuminated reticle needed, I'd look at the Burris Veracity 3-15x. Glass is VX-3-esq with very solid turrets. Good reticles and illumination.

ETA: That should say Burris XTR II, that is the one with the illuminated reticle.

I have tried illuminated crosshair for full moon hunting, a small .25 -.5 moa dot works better for me. And dial adjustable intensity, the illuminated feature must be set just visible so the silhouette of the coyote is not washed out. I just picked up a Leupold vx3i 3.5-10x56 with German 4 firedot for a buddies rifle, I'll report on it when we get it mounted up. I have a Sightron SIII 3.5-10x 56 illuminated dot, crazy how well you can see with moonlight.

I would think the Leupold VX5HD 3-15 with firedot duplex would be a winner. Unless you want a 30oz scope the leupold is about the only thing out there in its class checking all your boxes.

Originally Posted By: greengt88Do any of you have trouble seeing the red dot, with the use of a red light?
A VX-R red dot works great woth a red LED spotlight.

Back