A review of the JV Hunting Evangelist Scope. Pls read update om original post!!

Originally Posted By: KjBeachy

Well, it may be Chinese, but it some of the better Chinese i have seen. Like i said, it works for me. So im happy

It was German, and now maybe its Chinese? Of course its Chinese....and I doubt some fella in his living room has the chops to ensure QC even remotely close to "some of the better Chinese" like Athlon.

Just another cheap scope trying to sell on smoke and mirrors. Glad it works for you, and if you are happy with them I would definitely keep buying them....just dont try to shill for them quite so hard.

ZOS was the name of the scopes those guys at the club were buying. Just found them on e-bay tonite. For a whopping $84 you can get a 6-24x50 with a sunshade covers and rings. And its illuminated to. Straight out of China. Looks just like the Evangelist. The guys that were using them thought they were great scopes.....for the money.

Originally Posted By: KjBeachyI think there is probably a dif between my scope and the one u were talking about. Just sayin

What are the differences?

Originally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: KjBeachyI think there is probably a dif between my scope and the one u were talking about. Just sayin

About 66 dollars

thumbup1.gif

Originally Posted By: BrownieOriginally Posted By: liliysdadOriginally Posted By: KjBeachyI think there is probably a dif between my scope and the one u were talking about. Just sayin

About 66 dollars

And the German glass, and the bits and pieces that were made in Japan

Originally Posted By: KjBeachy

And the German glass, and the bits and pieces that were made in Japan

Who makes the glass? Whey German over LOW? What Japanese bits are they shoving into an obviously Chinese tube?

This comes strait from the owner. "The old ones were assembled im China. Parts came from Germany, Japan, and China." He has told me specifically that the glass is made in Germany, but he never told me by who for "legal reasons". Now i can see why this sounds fishy, i agree, however, i cannot believe that glass coming from China itself would be that clear. Maybe i have been hoodwinked, i don't know.

What i love is, you don't give any reason for thinking it might be legit. I dare you to buy one and see how good it actually is. He garuntees money back

Its becoming aparent to me that some ppl simply believe you can't have a decent scope for under 1 grand. Sure, if you wanna stay stuck in your ways, go ahead. Its ppl like you that think the moon landing was a photo shoot in Arizona and that the earth is flat

This is going no where and I see attacks on each other starting. Any more and it will be locked. It is getting beyond a constructive discussion.

Good point. My whole idea with this review was this. You may have seen this scope advertised on the internet. Its not a bad scope for the money. That's all i was trying to say

I dont think anyone has a problem with the review itself. The "German glass" is the focus of the debate. There are plenty of Chinese scopes that are "good for the money" even FFP models. But insisting that a scope has German glass without so much as a name of the supplier is the issue. As far as "legal reasons" there is absolutely not a one I can think of that would keep the evangelist from knowing other than it's not German. If it suits your needs and your happy great. But let's have a little more info or proof before advertising it as what it's not. Theres guys here with extensive knowledge and experience on scopes from the center point all the way to schmidt and bender and everything in between. At 18 we tend to think we know more than we do and we dont like being proven wrong. Or admiting to it. Thanks for the write up happy hunting my friend

I prefer the Televangelist scope over the Evangelist scope. Same price but it has even more flash over substance.

Originally Posted By: KjBeachySo for $150 i was getting a $400 scope.
It eventually came, and I was immedialty impressed with most things. Lets remember, this is a $400 scope.

I do not believe it possible to make a scope with 18x power, IR and FFP that is any good that would sell for $400.00. Might be possible to get one with one of those features but not with even two of them. Plus OP paid only $150.00. The owner of Evangelist scopes must truly be in to ‘Giving more than he receives’ and operates as a Non-Profit Organisation which is as it should be-given the name of the scope.
thumbdown.gif

Back