Trijicon mk3 eyepiece or no eye piece

Bigdwebster

They guys that are running these. Are you running the shutter eye piece or leaving it off? I have seen some guys with a butler creek flip cap on the back. Right now mine is on a rifle with an adjustable stock and Im having to run a short length of pull in order to activate the shutter. Im wanting to mount it in a rifle with a prs stock but i know I wouldn’t be able to get into the scope with the fixed stock. If i run the flip cap it will be shining white light on my face while aiming. Whats your solutions?

I have two scopes, a 35mm and a 60 mm. I would suggest just cutting out the shutter pieces inside so you don’t need to press your eye to it to open it. It makes the hole much smaller. It works great for me.

Follow G_bo suggestion. Your face will definitely glow with scope reflection without the cap. 35% moon or more wont matter too much. But on the darkest nights you’ll stand out.

I forgot to look before I mounted it. Is there more than one position that the larue mount can be mounted to the scope? You would think there would be a way to mount it with a normal length of pull for as much as they cost.

I took the eyepiece off of my MKII 3 years ago and replaced it with a flip cover. I've never had a dog spook because it saw the light from the scope reflecting on my face. My Patrol never had an eyepiece and it's over my eye the whole time except for when I'm on the rifle. Why wouldn't they spook from the light of your scanner too?

If you read your manual you will see the purpose of the eyepiece is to protect the unit from solar damage to the internals.

Back